I’ve been messing with a GoPro HERO Wide camera the last month or so. All up it’s great fun, especially for guys like me who mainly ride alone but would like something fun to show others.
- The fisheye lens combined with helmet and bar mounts offer unique points of view that do a good job of capturing the experience and fun of off road unicycling
- The camera is rugged, survives UPD’s
- Easy and fast to use during a ride vs tripod based video
The Not so Good Stuff:
- The video resolution is relatively low
- The 2 x AAA batteries don’t last long. Works best with premium lithium/rechargeables. Take spares!
- The menu/settings take some deciphering, luckily there aren’t many.
- Can’t really see where you’re shooting as the optical viewfinder is obstructed by the case and quite small. Upside is with a fisheye accurate framing isn’t critical.
I’ve posted a video made with the camera at
And for anyone interested in more info, pics etc