Getting on better without the T7

I was out for a road ride this afternoon on my KH 29, and I decided to try it without the T7 handle again. I haven’t used the T7 much, but last week, I felt that it wasn’t really for me, and after today I think I was right.

Lots of people on here seem to get on really well with the T7, but I think that I could be the exception.

I will try it sometime in the future, but for now the saddle handle seems to be doing me just fine.

I was out for 9 1/2 miles, it was really windy, but it was good to get some miles in.

Innes

Don’t you feel that having the T7 on there allows you to be better equipped? What with the bottle cage mounts… grips on the handles… potential for god knows what other gadgets - it just make me feel like i’m on an adventure!

Whereas without it I don’t feel like that at all.

I think it is better keeping it simple.

I moved the bike computer to the seat post, and because I can’t see it when I ride, it doesn’t distract me, I have a Camelbak for a drink, and I like the way it looks.

Innes

What about the extra leverage is gives you going up and down hills and the saddle adjustability?

You can adjust the saddle angle without the T7 - you just need the rail seatpost that comes stock with the Kh29.

Whatever happened to the bars that attach to the undeside of the saddle? The handle positon and shape are similar to the T7 but without the back bar thingy and the built in rail and all that cuts out a lot of unecessary weight. I Love my T7 but only the handle part; I could do without the rest of it.:slight_smile:

Edit: Maybe something like this: http://picasaweb.google.com/corbin.dunn/UnicyclesAndParts

I agree with you Innes!
I tried the T7 on my newly built geared 29". I find the saddle handle way better for going up hills, it lifts the uni straight up. The T7 is just unnecessary leverage. It might be useful for going really far and with a lot of weight on your back, but I 'm just afraid I’m going to get tangled up in it when I UPD

anybody who dosen’t like there t7 handle interested in selling it?

My Freemounts are back to normal as well now. With the T7 I found it really strange.

Are you thinking of the GB handle Terry?
I think George Barnes has stopped making them for the moment because he has moved house, you might be able to get find a used one for sale though.

jim

OMG YES! That’s it! What’s that thingy with the ring underneath? If it’s for a brake, how does that fit??? But yes, that is exactly what I want to replce my T7!!! If anyone has one for sale ot knows where I can get on asap please let me know! Thanks!:smiley:

I think the “thingy with the ring” was for mounting your speedometer display on. It is probably not strong enough to mount a brake lever on, you could mount the brake lever on one of the prongs like on the T7.

jim

Yeah that speedo mount is totally useless since I use a wrist worn Garmin GPS. I just emailed him so hopefuly I’ll get an answer soon. Thanks!

Edit: Dang! Email returned “undeliverable”

He doesn’t make them any more.

The GB-handle takes less time to get used to, compared to the T7. The GB-handle sits much closer to the saddle and does not affect your riding position as much as the T7 does. I like the T7 because it makes the unicycle feel more like a bike. But I have noticed that if I hold on to the T7 all the time while riding, my balancing capability is impaired. Holding on to the T7 is restricting body movement necessary to adjust balance. The GB does not have this effect on my riding.

All experiences are from a 36" wheel.

Yeah so it seems. I might just have to modify mine or something

T7 help me out, specially commuting

My T7 really helps me on hill climbs, and long distance riding.

On freemount I use my seat handle, not T7.

My Vetta cycle computer is mounted to my seat post not T7. I might remount it to the T7 later, but don’t feel the need to have it on T7.

You might say my T7 is naked, except for rubber handle grips and reflection tape. No waterbottle either.

Like any equipment, you’re bound to find some who prefer not to use the T7. To each his/her own.

Personally, I wouldn’t be without one.

I know, he didn’t mention what type of unicycle he had though.

Sometimes…not often, but sometimes I feel a little constrained in my abilities when riding with the T7. It does make it feel a little bit less like a unicycle. But I wouldn’t want to ride any distance over hills without it. I have foam grips, a cyclometer, and a bottle mount on mine.

I am kind of uncomfortable with the quality of the T7, however. The front and back end of mine are not even close to alligned. The front end is also slightly tilted. I’m not certain, but I think the front weld allows for some flexibility haha…which means it’s only a matter of time before it breaks off.

I allowed a man I passed once to give my coker a try. He used the T7 and the wall to try and mount it. After I got back on, it appeared as though the front end was bent upwards…

I always use the seat handle to mount and dismount.

Meh, I’m sorry to pick you up on it again but he did kind of say in the first line…

Heh, oops. It’s cool, I read over that…twice :thinking: