Game changer - 36er CARBON wheel!

Curious to know if you de-stressed the wheel after building it? This should usually make it need less re-truing after the initial build and is especially important for carbon as it can prevent itfailing due to uneven stress on the rim! If it were built at a factory they’d put it in a hydraulic machine to stretch it out both ways but doing it at home you can just put the hub on something secure and stand on the rim on both sides.

Bouin-Bouin: If I remember well, my Nightrider Lite is way lighter than yours, same weight as your KG. about 1200gm . Edit : Lite: more about 1350-1400 gm
my KG is about 1750-1800 gm
by the way is it a new version of the KG? I had the KG before the NR Lite and like I said it was heavier, and rather sensitive to road camber.

Edit: By the way, bouin bouin I think you made a mystake about the weight of your Lite.
this is a quote from you
“Mistake, mine is 1355g”
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1693302&postcount=66

He’s referring to the KG Ultra which is basically their version of the NR Lite. Both have two Plies instead of four and basically the same tread pattern as the heavier versions.

I didn’t de-stressed after building, I just built it with low spoke tension, it cracked a lot during the first 300m and had to re-true it after my first ride, I hope it will stop soon to need a true after each ride !

Yes there is a new light version of the QU-AX KG, with only 2 plies as said; it’s name in Europe is KG Utimate, light (1250g) but expensive (119 €), available at Municycle in Germany and CDK in France, max pressure is 3.5 bars

That’s 50 psi vs 65 psi for the NR Lite. And at the current rate of exchange the QU-AX KG is approximately $133 USD versus $92 USD for the NR. That’s an easy decision for me.

3.5bar / 50PSI is fully enough, no need to get more
36 tyre maximum mileage is very very high so as may be this is my last 36" unicycle, my decision was easy as well

How does the profile of the King George Ultimate compare with the Nightrider Light on this rim?

I only have experience of the standard Nightrider on a Stealth 2 for comparison.

I had a second ride with CF rim + Ultimate tyre. 12km mixed road / nice and easy offroad with a little camber. I decreased tyre pressure from 3 to 2.7bar and it rides very well like this

They have the rim for sale at UDC UK now: https://www.unicycle.co.uk/alchemist-36-carbon-rim.html

Not cheap. Not happening this summer.

Indeed. It’s still tempting. Except that I already have a perfectly good 36er :o

Huh, interesting. Does this mean it’s possibly slightly heavier than the OG version Terry and others have?

Only 1 version produced : arround 625g

Bouin I cannot PM. Can you reply to me on FB

Yes,
Didier R…

Hello!

A short review from France.
One week ago, I built the wheel with a nimbus 32-hole ISIS disc 100mm hub and 367mm spokes. Except some spoke head stucked in the rim, there was no problem. I think these 367mm spokes are a little bit too long on the disc side (maybe 2mm). I will check if I need to disassemble the wheel.
I also think that this rim has a direction of rotation, because the reliefs of the rim near the holes are asymmetrical. And of course I think I’ve done it backwards. That’s why, I could disasemble the wheel to rebuilt it in the rigth side.

My first impressions are really good. Yesterday, I did a 40km ride with some climbs, it was really easy.

The complete unicycle is under 6kg, you can view pictures and speficiations here.

Nice wheel! Sounds like a good setup.

I don’t like 100mm hub with disc on a 36“ especially with a 32H rim

OK! My wheel is certainly weaker than yours, but the q-factor of mine is smaller. You can’t have it all.

I don’t like 0 a-factor, my duck feet touch the cranks