forcefield armour

has anyone got any reviews of forcefield body armour ,looking for something light and breathable

action-shirt-m.jpg

I have used some for mtb, but it is too hot and uncomfotable for long mtb xc - in most UK weather. Would be okay in winter, breathability for the rest of the year not ok. Looks a lot better than other armour.

I can’t tell you something about this body armor have just ordered this: O’Neal Mad Ass Protector Jacket

It’s rated very high everywhere.

why would you need that kind of amour anyways?

For hardcore muni :wink:

I use the Oneal Underdog. Im very happy with it. Fits very good, not too hot and very good protection.

right… I wouldn’t bother with it. just harden up and take the pain. the pain is there for like a few secs to a few minuets then you laugh about it…

If the Muni involes a lot of rocks then fine they hurt. and roots the hurt is well but the pain goes away

I just want to mention that, because of a horrible crash, I have broken my upper arm (and it hasn’t completely healed after 4 months (still a bit stiff in the shoulder joint)) and my fullface helmet probably saved my life (I landed with the chin part of the helmet on some big stones in a creek). Nothing to laugh about. And even if the chance for such a bad crash is at a minimum I now know how it can end (I am riding alone most of the time). But maybe I am just “too old” to not think about the risk.

I wear armour like this when doing mtb-ing anything with any reasonable descents. I am 40 now and it takes ages to heal, and costs me all my income, if I get injured. In my teens I had an arm-gatepost interface going flat out which resulted in ghastly injuries. Some things were a long way from where they should have been and other things that should never be seen were very visible! I have since had other accidents, including on a motorbike, which would have resulted in similar levels of injury without having the correct stuff on. I had a long walk back from the arm incident as I was on my own. If you wear armour you look ridiculous, get hot and have the piss taken all the time, but you don’t get time to put it on at the point you need it, so you have to put up with all that hassle if you want the benefit it has to offer in a bad impact.

SOOO true, and the bold part is the worst of all. Maybe I am chicken-hearted but I want to do this sport a long time and I really hate time-outs becaue of injury.

I think most unicyclist would.

I see where your coming from is well by wearing this kind of amour.

I understand that if the terrein is really steep and unproectable that you would wear this amour.

Mind my spelling I’m very bad at it

I think most unicyclist would.

I see where your coming from is well by wearing this kind of amour.

I understand that if the terrein is really steep and unproectable that you would wear this amour.

Mind my spelling I’m very bad at it