FOR SALE: Nextie 36" Carbon Fiber Wheel (complete wheel)

Selling my Nextie 36er carbon fiber wheel.

• Nextie 36" carbon fiber rim, matte finish, neon yellow wrap around logo. This rim is laced with the following. 649 grams on my scale (your mileage may vary).
  • Kris Holm Spirit ISIS 36 hole hub. 100mm spacing.
  • UDC U.S. 356.4mm black stainless steel spokes, 2mm thickness. Laced three-cross. Tensioned to 95kgf. Brass washers at J-bend. I ordered 40 spokes so there are 4 spare spokes.
  • DT Swiss rim tape.

I’ve ridden it about 25 miles and did not have any blowouts. Everything is in “like new” condition. I spent approximately $630 USD. Asking $450.

I’m just north of D.C. in Maryland and would prefer local pickup (I’ll even drive an hour if necessary) otherwise buyer pays shipping.

2 Likes

@mindbalance

1 Like

I forgot to list the rim drilling: Presta.

Thanks Kev :pray:
Sadly I only want a rim and at a bit lower cost to mitigate the risks of going down this avenue.

Only a couple nibbles so far but no sale. Could I sweeten the pot by adding in a used Vee Rubber 36" tire (50% tread remaining) and two stretched 29er tubes for $500 plus shipping? And again, willing to drive an hour or so for pickup.

Bump.

If you were in Europe, I may have bought it… But US to EU would lead to too much import taxes :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Price drop: $400 USD.

1 Like

Did you put white lithium grease on your ISIS spline interface? If so why? If not, what am I looking at?

You are correct. It’s something I’ve done since ISIS was a standard way back in the mountain biking world. My belief is it helps prevent creaking noise and prevents seizing.

2 Likes

I think a lot of unicyclist use grease on the ISIS cranks. This is from the ISIS web site:

Should I grease the spindle when installing the cranks?

This will depend on how the crankset manufacturer designed their crank. We have found that grease helps to ensure the cranks contact the stops on the spindle, thus reducing the possibility of the crank loosening while riding. Further, the use of grease helps to eliminate noise that sometimes exists in interfaces. The drawback of using grease on almost any interface is that it reduces the friction present between the mating surfaces, thus reducing the amount of load transfer through friction. Please refer to the instructions from your crankset manufacturer regarding the use of grease on the interface.

UDC recommends grease when installing ISIS cranks.

3 Likes