FLUCK 2007 Street finals precut

This thread pissed me off so much, do you think Shaun is the only one who gets hurt now and then? Every time he didn’t land a trick, no matter what trick he went “Oh, my back hurts so much” but that didn’t stop him from doing tons of other things?.. Kristian Kovac won because he deserved it, I’ve seen him land so many tripleflips on flat when he was just practising, I havn’t seen Shaun do that, because he can’t. I would’ve liked to see Shaun in the finals too, but he screwed up and I’m surprised he even made it 14th, if I was judging he wouldve been closer to 23 (there were 23 competitors). Stop the whining.

I completely agree with everything in that post (apart from the closer to 23rd because I didn’t see any of the runs). You can’t just say that he would have won if he didn’t miss a rail 3 weeks ago. And you obviously don’t have any proof in saying that he’s the best in the world but because of the injury he couldn’t compete properly because if he was the best in the world he wouldn’t be injured.

You can’t go by all of Shaun’s videos and say that he’s oh so fantastic because he did blah blah blah because those videos always have a whole bunch of editing and making the riding look good. His consistency video was made up of mainly the stuff that he can do really easily, like those tech grinds. How come no fifth flip down a 4 set, followed by a trey double down the set, followed by a 540 down the set? There’s one answer to this, and I’ll give you a clue, it had nothing to do with injury.

If he was so injured then how come he managed to hop up that 5 pallet set without a moan, but he didn’t manage to land a 180 flip?

I think another reason that everyone always thinks Shaun is so good has nothing to do with his riding, but more to do with how he’s always on here, and talking to people trying to make himself look good. Whereas these other guys don’t speak English as a first language and you’ve never heard of them before. “I know he’s good, so anybody I don’t know can’t be as good as him” kind of thinking.

It’s really not fair for the 13 other guys who went out there and did their best and placed higher and the 10 who made the finals to just say that it doesn’t mean anything because you’d rather see Shaun win. And it’s even worse that you’re pretty much ignoring Kristian Kovak just because you’ve never heard of him before.

Shaun didn’t win because it’s apparent he didn’t deserve to win, Kristian did, get over it.

<3 -Keven

i wanna see SJ’s run at FLUCK? anyone got the link?

later that day I will make also a precut from the Pre runs so you can see all riders than. Sorry for beeing not that fast but sometimes sleep is verry usefull :smiley:

There is really no reason to ask every time why Shaun doesn’t win or reach the finals. At least he pushes all that street stuff verry hard and so he can be proud that there are now a lot of riders that can compete with him and also beat him.
I think over all it was his target to bring riders to train hard to be as good as himself and thats happened now.

Most time over the day I saw Shaun teaching upcoming riders how to improofe their style and their tricks and that was great !!!

I haven’t watched these videos yet, and I actually don’t think I ever saw Kristian’s run because I think he was right before me. And for those of you who say Shaun was hurt and that’s why he didn’t do well, he was landing amazing stuff for the two days right before no problem. Sometimes you just get out there and have a bad run (like my final run hahaha). I tweaked my ankle warming up for the finals, but I don’t think that really had anything to do with why I did so bad, sometimes you just suck at any given time… that’s the beauty of competition, doesn’t mean we are bad at life haha.

Kevin McMullin

It would have be nice to have the name of each rider before they begin their ride.

Like Kelly said, what are the results? They arn’t on fluck site…

Kevin’s right. It seems to me that all the people bitching are the ones who have never taken part in a competition. Some of us are competition riders, some of us are video riders, some of us are great at both, good for you! I don’t ride the same in competition. My mind goes blank and I forget my run, I mess up tricks I could land with my eyes closed and I rush things. So until you have been in a competition situation, I would ask you to consider what you are saying alittle more.
Granted, Kristian won fair and square, well done to him. Yes, there was a hell of alot of flatland, too much if you ask me and yes, shaun’s first run wasn’t good, he didn’t deserve to qualify but nobody can say he is a bad rider because of it. Nothing to do with editing or taking 100 tries to land one thing. I saw shaun land flip to grind to flip out consistantly. Shaun’s a great guy, someone I would consider a friend. I don’t think he deserves anything that has been said about him so far. Take it easy.

Kevin, you were robbed. In my eyes, like Justin said, yours was the best pure street run, you are definately one of the best competition riders I’ve seen.

Jas

Thanks for your insight Kevin, I heard that he was hurt but I wasn’t sure if that had any effect on his riding.

Everyone does have those pesky off-days (I think I have too many of them actually, haha), though it is rather unfortunate that Shaun had to have one on that particular day. Hopefully he’ll have a better(normal) day next time. :slight_smile:

Kevin brings it on the point !
How ever, here is the rest, all qualification runs. Have alot of fun with it.
Street qualifications (291 MB wmv file)

Good thing utv is fast…I’ve been downloading it at over 300kbps.

yea, did you all see shaun’s consistency video?(lameness)

he readily admitted that it took 15 attempts to film each scene:p…(cell phone video)

yeesh

Hobo Chuck, why are you always so mean to Shaun? You suck at riding, so you have no room to talk.

KH.

Now when did the ability of a rider restrict the opinions and facts they have to say?

Well because he was making fun of Shaun doing that moving taking at most 15 tries on the trick runs…mainly saying that he sucks because it takes him that long.

KH.

He can still say that, even though it isn’t the nicest thing. Im just stirring the pot a little here, so lets not get too into it.

Anyways, for me, I wasn’t too surprised hearing Shaun didn’t make it into the finals, I was a little, cause I was expecting him to do pretty well out there, but it wasn’t shocking. We have our bad days, we get nervous with things we are new at and doing in front of people, and there is always next time.

yeah. don’t be hatin’

I somehow missed this post when I wrote my first one… but it just made me laugh. Several things… I think your post is completely unfair, because Shaun hasn’t in any way blamed his run on being hurt. Watch him before he tried to hop up the 5 pallets… he holds his hand out. He was telling me and Ryan how nervous he was and his hand was shaking. It’s tough being out there and under a lot of pressure.

And the sentence “If he was so injured” is about the lamest thing I’ve ever heard. When someone’s injured, you should be pleased that they are riding and busting still, not ripping on them for riding hard.

And about people thinking Shaun’s so good? Have you seen him? Editing has nothing to do with it! I’ve ridden with him. He rips every day. I don’t think street competitions will ever be a good judge of the best riders, because they don’t cater to every rider. That’s just the flaw of the system, but who cares, they are fun to ride in, and we all hope to win. It’s cool to know that we all have a chance I think.

And about the consistency video… you won’t find even a handful of people that can do any of those tricks in 15 tries let alone that many back to back within 15 tries. And all within one day?!? That’s ridiculousness. My videos are filmed over about 2 months. Tricks take time to land. Get over that.

And learn to spell your name right hahaha.

Kevin McMullin

My post wasn’t directed at how crappy Shaun is, it was directed more at all the people who were saying “oh, he didn’t win because of his injury” and “Shaun is the best rider in the world, bar none”. I don’t like Shaun, but he hasn’t said anything about this yet, so I have no reason to start attacking him for it. That one was to all the SJ fanboys(you know who you are).

And you can’t say that people think Shaun is so great only because of his riding. He’s always on here, talking to people on MSN and PMing people, so he’s out there with his PR campaign(I’m not saying he only does it to look good, but it’s definitely a side effect) and if you had all the other street riders on here doing the same thing there’d be a lot more buzz about how good they are.

Consistency video, well, I ride with Luke, so there’s always something crazy being landed constantly. I guess I shouldn’t judge what I see of Shaun based on what I’ve seen Luke do. And yeah, I know tricks take time to land, but I don’t like Shaun’s riding, so I don’t really care how long it takes him because i probably won’t pay any attention.

-Kevin McMullin (It’s close enough to my name;) )

Oh, an Kevin. Could you please stop being the voice of reason for a while? I wanna see if I can insight a unicycle riot.:stuck_out_tongue:

-The other Kev Mc

I’m majoring in Math, logic and reason is the only thought process I know, sorry haha. Maybe I’ll just stop talking completely haha.

Kevin McMullin