Flatland question

Well to be fair, Turtle was over 30 when the crankflip was invented… So he couldn’t have learnt them in his ‘younger days’

I learned back in 1966, rode for about a year, then didn’t start again until 40 years later! :o But the difference between unis then and now is like the difference between:

underwood5small.jpg

w.jpg

Haha you hit the spot there, in fact they have advanced so much in the last 3 years…

I built a pretty decent trials set up for my backyard a while back, and made some tutorials on how to make them. I have 137’s on my trials uni. I hope they are a good size for learning flat. I think the saddle should be much lower than normal, so it won’t get in the way as much when you do jumps and leg arounds/seat wraps, crankflips, etc.

What got me going on this street trial thing was watching a couple vids by Corbin, esp the square and triangle, help me realize that trials was my ticket to being a better hopper.

So, maybe what I need to do is rebuild the wooden swing set with trials in mind :smiley:

Oh, yeah, the gears are rollin’…

i now how you feel i did 3 pallets high before it started to rain and almost got rolling leg wraps!

Flatland seat height is a compromise I think. High seat feels nicer for rolls, but low seat is better for crankflips (at least for commiting). If I didn’t :heart: crankflips I’d ride a much higher seat.

Makes sense Julia. Thanks for that! Makes me glad I have a quick release clamp for fast seat-height changes! :smiley:

look there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9nfKU7K_gM

This is the result of 2 year Flatland!At this time i worked for a new vid with varialroll, 450 unispin …!
Flatland is the best!

That’s really good, and exactly the stuff I want to learn! Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

Woaaaah, the combo ending at 2:03 was sick!

NIceeee vid man , but let me do a little question, Do you play Handball?

Wow and180to grind on a 26… Manly!

No but i love this shoe for unicycling!

Another question. Do most flatland riders use higher psi than usual? Do you need to have compression like you do in other types of riding? I’m mostly wondering about when doing back rolls and anything where you’re pushing the wheel in either direction with your foot.

For most rolls psi doesn’t really matter, higher pressure can feel nicer though and roll smoother, while lower pressure feels more sluggish. For bigger tricks though like backrollflips (not that I can do them) lower psi would help to compress so you can jump higher and have more time to flip. Same with big unispins and flips, lower psi lets you jump higher and have more time to spin/flip. I personally ride low psi.

Muni is potentially as dangerous as any of those styles, it’s just that most muni riders are old which means they choose not to dangerous stuff, and I think it’s pretty obvious why.

I’d say drivers licence has something to do with it, and young people usually do what everyone else their age is doing, lol.

Sigged!

images.jpg

I definitely see the potential for danger, but I don’t really see anyone pushing that potential. Kris Holm I guess, but I haven’t seen any footage of him in ages. I agree if there were younger riders in muni it’d probably be pushed more and more dangerous. Someone should make an epic muni vid… (cough Justin Kohse cough)