Flat Discussion Thread

Has anyone tried to do a flip out of stand up ww?

I’ve been thinkin of this trick for a while but always forget to post it when I’m online.

Funny that you mentioo that, cause i landed that i think it was sunday. As far as i know, i was the first, tho i wouldnt at all be surprised if it was done before.

justin abott kinda did that in his bay session video, it was the bay flip thing…

I also did that prior to seeing that video. However, it isn’t much like a flip from stand up, feels completely different and your feet are in a completely different position.

nice…it has potentional for some sick combos. yay the snow is melting that means ill get to ride today!

Can anyone explain me how i can best learn flatland tricks.
Or have anyone tips for me?
Where must i set my feet on the cranks?

I’m not much of a flat expert, but rolling wraps, and legwraps I do know, so maybe I can help ya out.

Practise is really the only thing that helped me learn, cause I taught myself what I was doing wrong, and how I could gain more balance through trial and error.

Set your feet up on the cranks where it feels most comfortable to you. But I must say, that when the wheel rolls while your foot is on the cranks, it doesn’t help that much to roll on your heel. At least not to me. I roll with the very back of the ball of my foot on the crank, and let the wheel roll before putting my foot on the pedal.

Not sure if that helps though.

http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=563522

heres a clip of me beating Emile to this combo today;) haha maybe next time dude

later
jon A

I just thought of a seriously easy little trick that adds a lot of flair to any flat trick… Hehe… You guys will just have to wait.

Its probably been done before, but i’ve never seen it done, other that when heaton did it once… But he didn’t do it with a flat trick. “what’s he talking about?” you might ask? I’ll put it up in a vid i’m making. I have to wait for my computer to come back, cause the stupid toshiba people didn’t fix it the first time I sent in for repair.

Damn Hardware malfunctions

Grabbing your foot?

new flat vid monday.

CRAP!

You were all over that one… and yes… I filmed myself incorperating that into a rolling wrap, and it looks pretty stylish.

I can do siderolls, but can someone please exlain the difference between an inside- and an outsideroll for me? A videolink would maybe be helpfull.
Thanks!

Perfect. Thank you!v:)

So I have to correct my posting… :wink:
I can do “inside rolls” and I’m learning “outside rolls”, but they are more difficult for me.

I find outside rolls easier. You dont have to spin your foot around before the roll, you just spin our whole body after the roll. With an inside roll youhave to get your foot from the other side of the uni and change its direction.

I hate outside rolls. I find inside rolls to just be a weird way of doing sideways ww. Meaning easy.

wow super sick,almost 100 percent thats new.

how many rolling wraps in a row are people landing consisently these days? Im at like 3 in a row consistenly most of the time

(started shooting for a flat vid yesterday…get excited!)

jon A

1. it seems to me that “flat” is somewhere between street and artistic/freestyle

2. flat on a giraffe would be so cool

3. i think that flips should for sure be counted as flat, if you’re doing them on flat ground (no sh!# )

just my thoughts, sinnce I have no street ability whatsoever.

Man this threads off topic.

Adrien is at 12, and it seems like he could do more. It was in a Back it Up and Elliot (the same guy Émile showed the clip) backed it. So 12.

Has a Back VarialRoll been landed yet ? I’m quite close now, I’ll try to hit them Monday with Émile.

-Hugo-

fakie varial roll has not been done to my knowledge either. I want to start moving towards fakie flatland tricks and also using the normal ones I think that would open up a ton of new combos. has anyone else landed the outside roll to outside roll on the other side? Loic is the only one ive seen stick that one.

oh and where can I get in on the back it up game Elliot and Adrien are in?