with a fairly big 75-78 in. gear about 10 miles .Suprisingly to me it
was as though I had never stopped cycling.On a familer 2 mile rolling
loop everything felt the same.A fixed gear bike is similer to a uni
cause both can be ridden backwards, you can standstill on both,neither
can coast, and both have one gear.I’m up to a couple of miles on the
uni and I’m still awed at the amount of energy it consumes! My past
fear that freemounting would always be out of my reach has vanished.I
can mount the 20 and 24 almost everytime,and the 26 most times.Keeping
the tire rock hard makes a differance for easier distance rides.

cheechee

I haven’t been on a bike once since I’ve started to ride a uni which has been about 10 months…all my bikes are at my parents house on the other side of the country. I want to ride one to see if i can wheelie and manual now.

For others out there…since youve been riding unis can you wheelie forever on a bike now?

Re: First bike ride in 3 months!

maroastedpeanuts wrote:
> For others out there…since youve been riding unis can you wheelie
> forever on a bike now?

Not on my recumbent, I can’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
<URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” - Thomas Paine

nope, still can’t get past the 15-20 foot mark.

No, not more than ten feet or so. In fact, I recently broke the chain on my mountain bike trying, with the result that I currently am without a bike or unicycle.

Actually, both can coast. You can simply take your feet of the pedals and roll. It just takes practice.

Strangely enough, I still can’t wheelie my bke at all. Before starting to unicycle, I’d tried numbers of time to attain that skill on a bike, but to no avail. As I very rarely ride on 2 wheels now, I don’t see myself learning to wheelie any time soon!!! Evidently, riding on one wheel on a one wheel cycle is a different skill then riding on one wheel on a two wheel cycle :stuck_out_tongue:

Seeing as I had been riding my fixie regularly prior to the past three days that I’ve spent learning to ride a unicycle, as sore as I am, I am not too surprised that unicycling maintains good shape for cycling in general. And I’m thrilled because I’ve been looking for something to motivate me. These flat, straight roads that surround me can be pretty boring on a bike.