Evidence you're a unicyclist - Unicycle art, decorations etc in your home

I picked this up in town at the 2003 Moab MUni Fest.

I think it’s clear proof unicycling out dates the currently accepted historical timeline of the sport.

11 Likes

Here is my van aka my home.

7 Likes

Since it’s the holiday season. :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

Those are great - I feel the need for something similar. Who created them?
(I imagine you don’t have one for each unicycle in your fleet, otherwise the tree would be a bit weighed down!)

Who created them?

Ukulele George

He is also a unicyclist. He used to have an Etsy page but it looks like it is gone: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PendergastIndustries

1 Like

Actually I have more and even a penny farthing.

He also gave me a bunch of matching stickers, which I have all over my house

@UniMyra Has the same tree decorations. I know because I gave him them as a gift once. :wink:

@UniMyra Do you have yours up yet?

1 Like

I love that the stickers even have the valve stems! It’s such a great simple style, a bit like designing a stencil.

I can see photos of a unicycle and a penny farthing tree decoration in the Media tab in that Mastodon link you gave, but having never used Mastodon I can’t see the context in which they were uploaded, ie if they’re one-offs or being offered to others. Where is George based? (wondering if postage would be silly to the UK anyway - and of course the decorations will probably be down for this year before any package arrives anyway!)

1 Like

I sure do. Thanks again for a wonderful gift :grinning:

1 Like

He was selling them and other stuff in the past but it looks like he stopped. I did ask him though. He is based in the US but TBH I cannot actually recall where in the US.

1 Like

Looking good!

1 Like

I got a reply

1 Like

I’m in NC in the US. Glad you liked the stickers! Real unis have valve stems, so the stickers got them, too. I tried to get them on the ornaments, but it was too much for the laser to handle. Stickers are easy (& reasonably cheap) to ship to the UK as I can stick them in a greeting card. No idea what ornament shipping costs, but I’m out of stock and it’ll be awhile before I have time to make more. Maybe for next year. Too many other projects going now. Thanks and cheers!

3 Likes

Thank you @UkuleleGeorge - at least I can now imagine your nice unicycle art on our tree, even if I never get to actually have any :-).
P.S. I’m honoured to be the recipient of your first post, although I see you’ve been around the unicycle world for at least 4 times longer than me!

1 Like

I swear I had an account on here when I was in Seattle years & years ago, but it couldn’t find me so…
I’m not sure how much hanging around here I’ll manage, but I can try to let you know when the unicycle ornament-inator is up and running, drop you a line that they are available, and you can decide then if you’re still interested. I do think I have stickers lying around & available if you’re interested.
I received my first uni, the 20" Schwinn in 1981 for my 8th birthday. I wish I could say I’ve continued riding all that time, but it comes and goes. Still probably my favourite sporty activity, though. I do enjoy living vicariously through @ruari, though.
Cheers and Merry, Merry!

3 Likes

My first uni was about 15 years older than yours (circa 2006 Nimbus 2 Freestyle 24"), and I bought it off eBay from someone who had barely used it for 12 years, as a late 51st birthday present (sort of) in 2018! I wish I had discovered unicycles when I was younger, but I’m loving riding now, even though I don’t get much time for it and wish I could improve faster.

Do let me know if you get the ornamentinator going again - in the meantime I think the complexity of postage costs and overseas payments etc means I’ll not deplete your sticker stocks for now - but thanks for the offer

Anybody else have a small unicycle.com sticker on their rear bumper?
I do, but every morning I get passed by 10,000 cars on the freeways and streets.
Nobody’s ever honked/pointed to my bumper?
I would do that if I saw another car with that sticker.
I guess, there’s not many of us out there?

~slam

1 Like

I’ve always felt it’s never too late to start unicycling. It’s a fun way to get around. I always wish I had more time for riding, but some important responsibility always seems to get in the way. Plus, all my friends think I’m nuts when I suggest they learn. Que sera. I will definitely let you know when the ornament-inator gets fired up again. Have a great Christmas holiday and a fabulous new year!

4 Likes

Christmas tree decorations from https://gravityoutlaws.co.uk

3 Likes

They’re counting how many unicyclists in the world on another thread - better not forget to include Santa - he must be quite good if he can sideways wheel walk!

1 Like

The clues in my house (other than the odd unicycle hanging around) include this keyring in my office

This silver sculpture my wife had made for me, it sits on one of the speakers by my record player

And whilst not uni related, I’m very proud of the juggling picture my wife gave me many years ago. It was through my juggling that I got interested in unicycling.

4 Likes