ebay unicycle film fraud?

Mabey we can trick him some how, but that would be hard because I bet he is somone on this site. IDK I just think we need to get this to stop, like the rest of you do.

I agree that he should be stopped. I have also emailed the ebay seller in the past asking about copyright issues. He responded with something about not having a copyright filled with the videos name so he figured it was okay.

I then talked to Andy Cotter about it, and got the same response that was listed earlier. He just doesn’t care about it, because he never expected or tried to make any money off of it. He just wanted that kind of content to be made available.

My best idea is that someone who did buy it rips the entire video and we put it somewhere here on unicyclist.com. Hopefully it would be possible to kill his business by having the video readily available to download for anyone that wants it. After all easy access for anyone to see how a trick is done is what Andy intended for the video in the first place.

I might even be able to host the video elsewhere if someone can get me a copy of the videos.

The ebay seller either knows nothing about copyright law or he’s just making excuses, either way he’s wrong.

I understand Andy’s point of view and I doubt a great deal of money can be made from making any unicycle video as the market is small. But ripping someone else’s work without their express permission and then just copying it for resale AT A PROFIT (i.e. not at cost) for only themselves is just plain wrong.

Only the copyright owner can do or give express permission to do that.

And as Roger said…

Any word on the progress of this project Roger?

nice, the old fashion one wheel no limit where so great.

This has been released already, here. I’ve seen it (me & roger used the master disc to get his DVD player working last weekend :roll_eyes: ). All I can say is it is possibly the best source of trick videos I can think of. Everything is fully indexed, you select a trick (e.g wheel walk) and then it goes onto a sub-menu of different alternatives (backwards WW, 1ft, stand up, etc). So you select a category, select a trick, and it plays the video. Very impressive.

Loose.

What this situation needs is some Vigilante Justice…