Eating on a unicycle

Whereas I was just making a poor attempt at American-Canadian humor :slightly_smiling_face:
( I have extended family in Canada… one time while up visiting we were going to order pizza and they asked what kind I liked, I said Canadian bacon and pineapple (aka “Hawaiian”). They asked why do Americans call it Canadian bacon? I asked well what do you call it here? They said “ham”!)

Hawaiian pizza is the best, I love it so much.

2 Likes

I’m not sure of the context as I’ve never been to Canada, but the milk was prepacked in a tetra pak so you simply drink with a straw. As of the bread, it can be easily held with one hand, and in local bakeries there are many choices of flavors with different ingredients, so I don’t have to worry about carrying jam and a knife on a unicycle.

Honestly that all sounds beautiful, where is this magical place?

I’m in China but for some reason I thought it should be all the same around the world!

Something I just realized when you said this.
I have had Chinese food many times, Chinese restaurants are very common in the USA, but usually they are only open starting around lunch time. I have never seen or had Chinese breakfast anywhere before!
(I guess that’s true for most foreign style restaurants-- have never had Italian, Thai, Indian, or Vietnamese breakfast, but have eaten at such restaurants many times)

Actually, traditional Chinese breakfast does not involve bread, also not much milk (varies from area to area because China is both geographically and culturally vast), so you are unlikely to see them even if there is a Chinese breakfast resturant. But they do have something quite similar, like steamed buns and soy milk. In China if you have bread and milk as breakfast, it’s considered a western style.

Toast and milk is pretty normal I think, but just a plain piece of bread and milk isn’t quite common.

Yeah, sometimes toast, sometimes donuts, sometimes even sandwiches. English isn’t my native language, now I’m a little bit unsure if it’s correct to put them all under the umbrella of bread :wink:

Oh, that makes more sense. When we say “bread” we are usually reffering to what would be used as the outer slabs of a sandwich, nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

I think eating bread products for breakfast might also be a bit more of a European thing than an American one.

It’s not too much of a thing here in the UK, although coffee and a pastry (often a croissant) seems quite popular, but it’s typically considered continental rather than British.

On the original topic, I’ve often eaten sandwiches or a banana while riding, and I used to drink a coffee while riding to work most days. The getting on to the unicycle (36") without spilling any was far more difficult than the drinking or getting off, but I got quite good at it.

1 Like

Funny you’re talking about it, I ate a croissant last week while getting back from work. :croissant:
BTW, I didn’t know croissants were popular outside our good ol’ France!

Now I should expect all British unicyclists to eat a “Full English” from a plate with a knife and fork while on their way to the office each morning.

The closest you might get to that is a breakfast wrap.

Don’t set your sights so low. You need a plate and knife and fork and mug of tea. Let’s do things properly

1 Like

This is starting to sound like a @SamGoodburn routine.

Yep. And they’re called cwassant.

1 Like

But in your scenario, you will need some additional accessories like a tray with a strap (like cigarette girls in old movie theaters):

That would also mean that you must ensure it is magnetized to not drop everything mounting or dismounting :laughing:

At least, the good news is that the outfit is not mandatory in your vision :yum:

2 Likes

This outfit IS now mandatory in my updated vision :wink:

4 Likes