double quick release seat post clamp?

no, cause that’s a 25.4 frame

No.

dang alright then

Very cool Roger. I had envisioned something like it but with a single lever to clamp it down. It basically looks like two single quick release clamps stacked and made into one body. Nice!

The design uses two single levers so that you can apply max for to both and fine tune both. One of the nice features is that you can actually tighten with an allan key from the other end if you want to get a force on it, or just for setting it.

It’s weight is about 50g, I only have the sample at home and we have not got the offical weight on the production items yet.

Roger

When can we get them?

In the meantime, you could always use two QR clamps, but you would need to file off the catch lip of the bottom clamp so it would fit below the top of the seat tube. You if you epoxy the bodies together you’d have the same thing, basically.

Those look really sweet! I did a double take when I noticed them on the new pics of the 29 Oracle and then found this thread :stuck_out_tongue:
I was looking around UDC but couldn’t find them sold separately so any idea what the price is gonna be for one?

Do you guys need to adjust on the fly that much?
I am learning right now, so I noticed that I like my seat about an inch lower for driveway turn/mounting/stalling/idling practice but for longer pavement rides like the 1.5 mile ride to the park(and 1.5 back) with my kids that I did today on my 24", I liked a higher seat for cruising.
Will I find that I change the seat height a lot once I am riding muni?
Just trying to decide if it is worth a new QR clamp or just stick with my current one and take a wrench in my backpack.

For double hole cranks, a quick release clamp would be a great improvement over the double bolt I have.

Up hills seat high, downhills seat low
Changing crank positions
Adjusting up or down when my knees get sore
Different shoes, thick to thin sole
Different riders when I share a uni or I pass around a loaner

All my unis have QR, they work well, but I would like one even stronger that the Hope or Salsa, so yeah I’d take a double, IF THEY HAD ONE THAT FIT :roll_eyes:

Has anyone used those nimbus ones yet? Are they as good as a double bolt clamp and does the seat post slide at all with them? Also do your clothes catch on the lever during tricks or jumps?

I ride QR seat post clamps, as do most mountain bikers, never heard of anyone snagging on one, but if you wear loose clothing you could snag on anything even your seat. In other words: not an issue.

The advantage of a QR clamp is more clamping power and ease of adjustability.

If the seat never moved, then you risk breaking your seat, post, or handle.

It’s worth having one if you adjust your seat while riding.

UDC currently only has double QR to fit Oracle and KH, so the steel frame folks are waiting…

Still waiting for 25.4:o

Container is on the water now. :slight_smile:

Are there other colors than black coming in?