Does anyone else even Ride these cranks anymore?

My first uni has those cranks, good thing i still have it in one piece haha. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

False, The GP has a GP frame not KH and in fact they do not look quite the same.

I bent 'em pretty bad on a seven set, but not before they ripped open my ankles…I would wear two pairs of socks unicycling to make sure the blood would be thoroughly soaked up. Oh man just thinking about it makes my ankles hurt…I haven’t ridden those cranks in over a year at least, and I still have the scars from 'em.
And that is why I don’t like the old KH cranks (:

I still ride the entire KH 24 with those cranks, although the pinch bolts are rusting and getting loose now.

the GP has a summit frame im pretty sure, whatever that is… yeah i ride those cranks, the ankles take a good beating everyday with them but their still good cranks.

That is to say, that the GP frame is made in Taiwan by an unknown manufacturer on behalf of GP Unicycles. I have never seen a summit frame to compare the two but I know for sure that Summit != KH and GP != KH

Summit is almost equal to KH though, it was the prototype for the 03/04 KH20 frame but Kris didn’t quite like the shape or the weight, so unicycle.com sold it as a Summit then KHU made a new frame that is almost identical to the Summit just a little lighter and a little rounder.

I have ridden with those cranks before. They are good and strong but I hit my ankles a fair bit, that’s probably the reason not may people ride with them anymore.

From the Department of Redundancy Department: They are great Hub/Cranks. Don’t change them or bleed, just remove the nubs.

Well, you get this stuff called money…:stuck_out_tongue:

Rock on!
Edd

I really don’t see how people manage to smash their ankles on them…

Are you guys talking normal just riding? Or like massively big sidehops onto things?

…Oh well i like em and if i manage to bust em ill just get Profiles. But i dont see that happening anytime soon.

I used to hate them, but that’s before I tried them…

They just looked structurally weak because the cranks are rectangular tubing. But after riding them, they feel the same as my DX cranks.

I PM’d a guy who said he would sell me 140mm DX cranks for cheap, but he hasn’t PM’d me back… it’s been a month or so now. Was hoping to get them from him incase I wanted to go all out pure trials only.

I do it if my foot is on the pedal wrong, or actually I would consider my foot to be on the pedal right, but my foot needs to be slightly off to the edge of the pedal to avoid getting knocked by the nubs. They stick out SO FAR, it seems impossible to not hit them…

Well im taking a Machining course next semester so maybe ill just machine the nubs off.

Yeah, just stick the cranks in the Milling machine and take a pass on them.

I have no clue how you have to modify the axel to accomodate them though.

I use them. I have an 04 KH 24 that came with them in 170mm length.

I think that no one uses them because they bend pretty easily.
I Bent a pair in 1 ride, testing for kris,
Kevin McMullin bent his so badly that i could hardly ride his uni
Zack broke them, and bent other sets of them.

from those experiences i was led to believe they were weak, but if they work for you, then all the better!

-Ryan

Maybe they bent, but you’re talking about some of the best riders in the world. You guys will bend/break anything.

Yeah…I dont do near the intensity of stuff that you guys do so i think it will take a while to bend them… But like i said…If i do i will just get Profiles.