Decision help on a 29er

I checked again, if you add the unicycle to the basket and estimate shipping costs it says 50 EUR, which is slightly better.

Well, in this case it’s not Swiss prices rather than the fact that we decided not to join the EU.

EDIT: On a rather positive note: We get to subtract the 19% VAT from Germany and add our 8% which evens out the high delivery cost a bit.

But apart from that, yes, Switzerland is expensive. I think the only place I ever travelled to that was even more expensive than Switzerland was Iceland.

That makes sense to me. Hasn’t it been Swiss policy for centuries now not to be entangled in foreign alliances? I’m sure things like the EU, NATO, the Tripartite Pact or the Third Coalition all sounded good at the right time. Staying away from them seems to have worked well for the Swiss.

Well not being a member doesn’t mean we’re not entangled in foreign alliances. We’ve had bilateral contracts with the EU for ages and right now it’s a huge political discussion whether to extend their reach.

Additionally, we’re part of Schengen and EFTA. I wouldn’t call this staying away. It’s more like cherry picking.

Do be aware also that the stated weight may not actually equal the weight of the product that you receive.
My RGB 27.5" was almost exactly 6KG (weighed in bits on some accurate kitchen scales) compared to the stated weight of approx 5.6KG.

And my thoughts on the Q-Axle is that it’s a different crank mount. Still very much unconvinced that it’s necessarily better.

No advise on brand, but a big fan of the wheel size as a daily uni. I have been riding a UDC 29er for several years. Most would consider this an entry level uni because of the square tapered hub. I love this uni and have it set up just the way I like. I feel very comfortable on a 29er, I freemount easily, pedal smooth and track straight and pedal a smooth and consistent cadence, I am comfortably able to ride with both hands on my KH t bar . I go up and down hills, easily ( brake assisted) that is within reason . This is my daily training uni and routinely spin 3 to 10 miles on it 3 days a week . Not to mention idling and manuverability. I have suggested a tread specifically for 29er riders as we are so often overshadowed by our 36er big brothers.

1 Like

So, here is an update on the progress of my decision: Two days ago I was convinced that I want the M4O. Then I had another look at the RGBs yesterday and was absolutely convinced that I’ll get one of those. Then today I rode my muni with an M handle saddle through town and now I’m convinced that I want a M4O with a long handle saddle.

As you see, it’s going very well. At least does not deciding save money - in the short run…

2 Likes

Ok, this thread is going to be mainly me talking to myself. Hope you don’t mind (I think the forum only allows me to do this three times anyway …)

I found another reason for m4o: I only have to change trains once from my hometown to Varese and even though it takes 3.5 - 4 hours, if I combine this with a weekend in Ticino, it sounds a lot better to spend the delivery money on train tickets rather than having it shipped.

Of course the one thing holding me back ATM are the covid travel restrictions.

3 Likes

Hello @r4nd1nt I give you three more posts as a present. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ok, I need only one last post of the three posts I got as a present. :wink:

I just ordered a M4O 29er.

4 Likes

Ok, I’ve got two answers left from @fetzenschorsch’s present, so let’s use them wisely. The first one here is to announce that my new unicycle should arrive on Monday and that it will be awesome - at least that’s what I hope…

Very untypical, it won’t be black. Generally I like all things black but for once I thought to throw some colour into the mix.

So, the last of my replies will be the picture of it when it arrives - hopefully on Monday…

1 Like

:+1:

Here we go…

I might switch the pedals for black ones, though, the two oranges don’t really fit…

My favorite part of the package: That’s the first time I bought anything that comes with a spoked wheel where I got replacement spokes delivered without requesting them! This should be the default for unicycles and bicycles……

9 Likes

I ˋd switch the dandelions with daisies, for matching the logo color. :wink:

2 Likes