Dan Heaton

yo guys, just wondering what happened to the legend? after defect he seemed to disappear, and not ride again… whats up?

also about the Koxx uni and frame they made for him the DH Pro Street, whats up with that as well? im sure hes not a koxx sponsored rider nor does he seem to even ride any more? seems a bit random. Looks cool, but does he even ride it?

anyone heard from him lately? the greatest street rider there was, is, and ever will be. period. who cares if he cant do quadflips or treydoublefakieflips.

I have no idea where he is… Hope he will do a huge comeback

he had been riding for 10 years or so by defects time. he doesnt ride much anymore though

i think the reason koxx named the uni aft him is because he invented most of the tricks that make up flatland today.

The first video I saw from him was the first one to inspire me to do more than just riding. It was the one with the song from Blue Scholars song in it. I still love the song:)

Did someone say he switched to downhill biking or something like that???

I heard hes pregnant and just got out of jail. Thats the word on the street.

does anyone know if he has an account on unicyclist.com

Thats only partly true, I heard he already had the first kid.

I read that somewhere else on the forums in a thread about him or something like that :thinking: Or was that Ryan Atkins? I get mixed up…

I know Ryan Atkins does a lot of bike riding.

Last I saw of Dan was when David Wichenberger (sp?) went and visited him and there was a picture of David on a coker, and Dan behind him on a bike.

Besides that, I havent heard or seen from him since.

Dan’s not 100% quit. For sure. But… very rarely rides.

Longish story ahead, be warned.
I had to make a long-distance phonecall to him several months ago, back when I was still sorting out who to test my Triton frames for me. So for Isaac not to pay in money his Triton (even though it was at a heavily discounted price), we came to the agreement we should swap it for his then-owned “The Ti”. Since that old ti uni was originally Dan’s, I was told that I needed to get his ‘blessing’ or permission that it was OK for it to be passed down to me.

So I phone him, turns out he doesn’t really care about that old frame anymore as it’s not his responsibility as Zack apparently broke their agreement after Defect and just sold it on instead of returning it to Dan. (Yep, that red wheeled uni that Zack rides in Defect was on loan to him from Dan).

During that same conversation, I asked him about other things too…
He’s not quit, but it’s just his injuries and other things in life that have kept him at bay. He still rides on occasion, but everything is under wraps. Who knows, perhaps something exciting is going to happen next year. :roll_eyes:

Regarding that Koxx promodel based on him… he said that years ago him and Koxx had some agreement going and they offered to make him a custom promodel. Dan didn’t seem all that stoked or excited about it, and didn’t really even know that it was ever going to be released. At the time of speaking to him, he said he didn’t even know what it looked like, and he asks: “how is it? do you like it?”. I found it quite amusing how Dan hadn’t even seen or bothered to care about a unicycle named made after him.

Overall, unicycling does not seem his main passion in life. He has stated he sees BMX as his favourite extreme sport. I’m not sure if it’s a matter of motivation or nagging injuries that are keeping him low-profile right now. I hope it’s the former, because motivation can always be regained at some point, whereas chronic injuries will prevent anyone from riding no matter how great their motivation.

As i’ve said before, it’s a shame how riders can be that good at riding, yet still be demotivated.

[QUOTE=Sponge]
Dan’s not 100% quit. For sure. But… very rarely rides.

[QUOTE]

Its kinda sad, cuz when i read his interview in Uni magazine he was saying how he tries to keep everyone still riding…even when theres not any motivation and crap like that…but now he’s like…uhh…“slacking”, himself. haha

Its kinda sad, cuz when i read his interview in Uni magazine he was saying how he tries to keep everyone still riding…even when theres not any motivation and crap like that…but now he’s like…uhh…“slacking”, himself. haha