custom unicycle on ebay

I’m building a real 40" wide chopper uni ,the fattest .FAT

American chopper style ,Should be ready for Sturgess if Pauly gets back to work .

…crazy s*** is goin’ on…

Hey ya’ll

I havn’t posted on this forum in years, had to realy dig to remember my logon and password.

That’s my son in the photos, not me.

If there is any money to be made selling these unis I’ll make a couple more, I just have a little home workshop, not a factory in Taiwon that’ll crank out 20,000 by next Tuesday. So at most I’ll be making 5 or 6. As I go I am finding ways to improve the design, so most likely no 2 will be the same.

But if no one bids, lesson learned no big deal.

The reason I quit following this forum is because of the flamers that try to thwart anything that resembels inteligent discussion.

Ya’ll have fun now. Hear?
Al :slight_smile:
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/alsunicyclingclub/

I think I have become a thread killer.
whenever I post no one ever replies and the thread dies.
al :thinking:

Nice job on that uni, Al !

Cool Avatar as well. Looks like the uni is based on Gilbys uni design, which I used as well.

Al, Do you really think you killed the thread? :smiley:

Good luck in the auction. If I don’t win, I hope someone with a lot more money does.:smiley:

If you go to sturgis, we should hook up.

I’m in spearfish.

(wanna rent my house?)

al_lieffring wrote:
“The reason I quit following this forum is because of the flamers that try to thwart anything that resembles intelligent discussion.”

You will get no disagreement from me…
But, this forum could use someone like you, especially with your knowledge and talent.

Cheers to you for being out there - Nice, unique job on the unicycle…it’s very cool !

What type of bearing caps/ holders did you use?

I rode one the other day. Very different. Cool.

I hope Bug wins the auction so I can ride it sometimes.

I think maybee you should be on my forum, see link on signature line. :smiley:

I ended up having to make my own bearing holders, for several reasons, first the Schwinn axles that I widened to 4 1/2" had 5/8" beaing bosses instead of the 17mm common on most unis now. Even though I did find bearings that had a 5/8 bore and a 40mm od, the bearing bosses on the axles were not wide enough for main cap holders to fit without hitting the spokes.

al

stingray02.jpg

al_lieffring Wrote:

I ended up having to make my own bearing holders, for several reasons, first the Schwinn axles that I widened to 4 1/2" had 5/8" beaing bosses instead of the 17mm common on most unis now. Even though I did find bearings that had a 5/8 bore and a 40mm od, the bearing bosses on the axles were not wide enough for main cap holders to fit without hitting the spokes.

Very inventive!

But - since the tire is meant to be on the rear (of a Stingray), how does it perform on the road - turns, etc. (Or was this soley made as a custom show uni)?

i have to disagree with you. i checked your profile. it dates back to 2002. back then there was no flaming. the flaming only started recently and its still never infected this site so bad that leaving is only answer.

if you stopped following this forum you have missed out on alot of forward progress in the last couple of years. for what its worth, the “flaming” here isnt really flaming at all. people here are smart and ask detailed questions, back each-other up etc. we are not scared away, we confront and capture.

theres people on this site right now that started out as a major pains but now they have been sucked in by the RSU vacuum of community…

Does It loke sometning like this???

Al

knucklehead.jpg

First the tire is fairly heavy giving it a lot of inertia, almost like riding a coker. The other thing that factors in is the low aspect ratio, (about a 60 series) something that is usualy only a factor in car tires.
A bike or uni tire always has a round cross section. This tire was made with a wide oval cross section. This makes it want to follow the camber of the road quite a bit more that you would be used to.

This doesn’t make the thing un-rideable, but it does tend to exagerate my bad habbits that a normal uni would forgive.

On the prototype that I built I have accumulated 60 or so miles and often ride it 2 miles severa nights a week.

Al :O)

Al,

I used to build classic hot rods. So when I saw your uni my eyes lit-up…I think your on to something - a great street ride. :sunglasses:

thats cool

If you disagree, that is your choice, but you don’t owe me an explanation. You owe all of us old gass bags an apology.

Ouside or in the vacuum of RSU you are way out of line.

Finaly I chose to leave, not felt I had too. I may change my mind though.

Al

dont leave again, this place needs more people like you

Regarding al_lieffring

You bet we need you , and glad that you posted again. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the info on your creation…

for what? i never said that as a blanket statment. that phase as well as the whole post was adressed to only one person…if you took offence to that then i am sorry.

my responce was only adressed to the poster who cracked a PMS joke…to whom there will be no apology.

i wish i could bid on your auction but i do not have paypal.