Custom Titanium Unicycles

Tony Melton does heres a link which has a link to the pics http://www.unicycle.org.nz/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2260

God is that an ugly uni…

Rip-off ISIS hub, and an even more of a rip of ugly Nimbus frame… crap brand, crap design frame, whoever made that doesnt have much creativity or sense of style…

Tritons are like similar or cheaper than those Nimbuses… and freaking KILL IT in every way possible :smiley: any news from Dmitry?

I wouldn’t worry. No-one is hating on UDC. The combination of very high price and, shall we say, ‘conservative’ design has some people a bit exercised, believing that the price is gouging, when in fact it is due to high western materials and labour.

You could get a custom, made to order, ti frame for less…

You mean Triton.

[QUOTE=manicpanicmuni;1249906]
Rip-off ISIS hub, QUOTE]
sooo your saying the KH items are crap? Its a KH ISIS Moment Ti hub 08 i think (not the latest i know that for sure) oh and its oh sooo nice to ride is well and its a bloody great freestyle i have riden it

Actually you can’t at the moment, that is why everyone is waiting for Triton. Plus at Ti freestyle is sweet. The Ti street, not so much.

offcourse you can have a custom ti frame build
its not like triton is the only company who makes custom ti frames

just make a design go to a ti frame builder hand over some cash and you have a nice custom ti frame.

aha, do you know one :thinking:
I was looking for some, but it seems to be not so easy to find one…

jogi

Yes you can!

In fact, my Ti muni frame is being built as we speak, pictures and review to follow…

BTW, the builder is interested in making more Ti frames and even Ti components :slight_smile:

Stop it! Stop mentioning it!..

I’m think I’m nearly as excited about this as you are. Is your order coming with the dual magura wheel size option and q/r bearing holders? Any eta?..

Edit : OK. you can mention it one more time to answer my questions

How many triton frames were made?

Does Triton still make Ti-frames? If not why? It looks like there`s great market for at least the trials frame.

Triton do not make Ti frames anymore, but they will restart making them in a little while hopefully.
One day I’ll get a Longneck Triton:)

That’s the plan. I e-mailed measurements for the 26" a couple days ago, so he’s working on the brake mounts. He told me that the most diffcult and expensive part is the bearing holder. He is machining them by hand, so he has to have enough material to hold the part as he positions on the machine, so like a 5" piece of Ti block stock!

He is going to have me test the frame for flex, durability, etc… before he commits to building more frames, but it everything works out, then he’ll take orders with the idea that he’ll have the bearing holders made en masse on a CNC computerized mill, this would speed up production and decrease cost ot time and material. The frame itself is pretty easy, more or less a Ti fork with a seat tube.

He wants to do a Ti seat post also, so as light as Aluminum, but strong as steel. I get to test that part out as well :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks for the reply. Assuming it all comes together you have a customer right here. I have a Litespeed mtb so am expecting all to go well…

I’ve enjoyed following the discussion on this thread, and have finally taken some photos of my Triton to contribute to the OP’s request.

I received this frame in January this year (having ordered in April’08…) so I suspect this is the last one Dmitry shipped, as it was built after Osmundo’s 36. It took so long, I did get a little worried but Dmitry always answered my emails, and in the end I am convinced he put in a serious effort to meet his commitment more as a question of sticking to his principles than simply a matter of making money. Kudos to him.

This frame is a 29", the crown is based on Gizmoduck’s specs but the seat tube is longer as I am 184cms tall, and the bearing holders have the lips sized to accept the Schlumpf KH hub.

Currently, the wheel is a complete KH29 set which I had left over from an earlier project with the last pre-ISIS hub and 150mm cranks, and Wellgo magnesium pedals. It has a CF base seat, and a non-adjustable aluminium KH seatpost.

I am nothing like good enough to properly evaluate this machine; I bought the frame (for €300 rather than the 500 and 700USD mentioned in the OP) mainly because I like titanium’s long lasting, zero maintenance properties, as well as the aesthetic. I also built my only road touring bike on an off the peg titanium frame.

That said, this is my favourite uni, and the one I use the most. It does feel much stiffer, more reactive to me, than my previous '07 KH29 frame which twisted enough to go “thunk” on the brakepads when I idled it. And it FEELS about the same weight as my daughter’s square hub Nimbus 29.

My original plan was to put a schlumpf in this frame but I love the basic directness of the uni as it is, and am not strong enough to ride in second gear most of the time. So now, as soon as I get my act/fitness together enough to really ride this uni the distances it deserves, I will reward myself:)by taking quite a bit of weight off wiht a “super wheel”: KHTi hub, new 29 freeride rim, twin bearings, lighter ISIS cranks… I estimate a good 500g can be lost, in exchange for an embarassing amount of “wasted” money.

Paulo
Triton fan in Lisbon

Thats a very awsome 29er, I wish I had money for a 29er:(

Haha! Your not the only one that want a 29er, I wish I had money for it too! I think Tritons looks so sexy, they are awsome.

where i can get a triton

can anybody tell me how to order a triton 26" frame :thinking:
mail accound :thinking:
adress :thinking:
telefon :thinking:
place to go :thinking:
:thinking:

They were made in Russia for a brief period by a guy called Dmitry. He collaborated with a user on this board called Sponge, who said these may be made again at some point (see earlier in this thread). However, this was a while back so my guess is this is may not happen now, but you can contact him through this forum. Another forum user, Nurse Ben, may unveil an innovative 24/26 ti muni frame made by a former Litespeed employee in the near future. Think that summarises the relevant bits to you. Hope this helps. More details are earlier in this thread.