Custom Mad4One Unicycles

<3<3<3

You can buy some seat covers separately:

http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-hardware/saddles-and-accessories/saddle-accessories/kris-holm-freeride-saddle-cover.html/

Scott

does anyone have mad4one hub on a MUni?

Edd Hawkes ran one for a while until he bust his KH 24" rim, to the best of my knowledge he hasn’t built it up into any wheel yet.

Also I think Jacob Spera rides one on his 24" street beast :stuck_out_tongue:

Turtle does: Mountainuni Disk Brake Setups - #2 by turtle

I run a Mad4One 36F hub on my 24" MUni (called “Lilith”) and I’m in love with it.

I laced the wheel myself with Sapim 14G spokes and it’s bomb-proof, and still soooooo light!

Here she is :wink:

Pretty nice Muni!

Almost identical to Edd’s. I love the white QX frames.

Yep, and it wasn’t bomb proof.
Did this on the 3rd or 4th ride…

I do love the Qu-Ax frame though :slight_smile:

what were you doing :o maybe i wont buy a mad4one hub now…

Gapped a 5 set. I wouldn’t like to put blame entirely on the hub though. 5 spokes broke simulateously causing the rim to bend like that. I think there was a number of contributing factors. One of them being that the hub flanges are so small that they don’t give as much as a hub with bigger flanges, putting more strain on the spokes. I’ve also been told that the KH rims aren’t very good for street anyway.

:roll_eyes:

Hey this Jacob Spera here,
I highly doubt that the small flanges make the wheel weaker… i have never broke a spoke and never bent a rim with my mad4one wheelset. Ive ridden it since December and i have no issues. My wheel set has been in the Swiss Alps and ridden hard for two days straight. Ive ridden BIG street and have done some of the biggest gaps i can find and some of the biggest drops as well. And Edd you do have a very good point that the KH rims are not good for street as well. Ive talked to a lot of riders that have used them and i have heard they bend quite easily. I rode with one for a week and it was starting to bend…

Mad4one hubs are one of the greatest hubs out there IMO.

-Jacob Spera

I was thinking of changing my rim from the stock Nimbus to the KH24 to save on weight, but by the sound of things that may not be a good idea.
What rims to you suggest for 24" street?
According to UDC the Nimbus 24" is 790g, and the KH24 is 505g, which is lighter than most 24" trial bike rims.
Depending on what’s out there I may well go for a 32 hole hub to get access to some of those bike rims…

Jacob actually use the Sun double wide which is ultra strong but also heavy (close to 1000 gr). But so far it seems to be the only strong one which is wide enough to handle very big tires. We are now going to test 32 hole rims to see if we find there some similar strong then the sun double wide which less wheight. The KH is a good rim in relation to its wheight but its made for Muni and not for street and so you find less riders with problems in Muni riding (softer landing, no asphalt …). For big street it seems to be the wrong rim and I think it wasn’t developt for this use at least. Ultra light and Ultra Strong is always a difficult combination :smiley:

Cool, what rims are you going to test? Mind and post a link to the results on this thread :slight_smile:

Most of the ones on this page look interesting:

Would like to see how the un-eyleted ones hold out…

:astonished: MAD4ONE cranks look sooooooooo nice i really like the drawing on side

Jacob, I think Mad4One hubs are the greatest thing that’s every happened too but you keep your wheel in perfect condition by truing it like every night. Just saying that could be a contributing factor to why haven’t ever broken a spoke.

Is this the new Try-All drilled rim? I think it looks amazing, I was thinking about trying one when I’ll change my wheel… to have the exact same wheel as you (with different cranks and pedals).