Custom Koxx-One Unicycles

i sooo agree with that… and as the other announcment at the last koxx days, those are only computer drawings, koxxx never showed any prototype yet in exception of the Karbon

Why have a different street and trial frame?

Would the Trials one be lighter?

How else we gonna get to the moon.

Looks like too much CAD, not enough RIDing.

About the butting, I would imagine the idea is to be able to use 31.8 or whatever the current OD seat tube is and lathe out some of the metal between where you need the clamp and where it meets the crown… def seems like to much work to be able to reuse the same seatclamp and post, haha. Although I am no expert in concept spacecraft design, so… who knows.

I just don’t understand why they don’t make a single frame for flat, street, and trials with different size necks. I mean what is the point in making three different frames when you can make one?

i don’t even like those frames. i’d rather just have a plain ol kh or nimbus…they get the job done fine…

oh yes:D

First thing I thought was: “Ewwww”… soory Koxx-one, but your frames are ugly… And they look like spaceships:p

First thourgt for me was why is the flat frame short neck? same as the street and trials. I kinda like the 24" frame and thats all

+1

Can’t say I’m a fan of the new frames… They’re kinda ugly…

Those frames will never be built the way that they are shown. Most have really horrible stress risers in their front plate which would act as can openers on the seat tube.

Other things to consider are how Koxx is going to build the frames. If they weld everything together they are going to loose all those clean lines in the designs. Assuming the crowns are machined out of solid aluminum on the Flat, Freestyle and Trial they will all be substantially heavier than a KH and cost more to build. Looks like a bad case of fashion over function.

I do like the bearing holders though.

Anyone else have a layer of plastic peel off their Koxx-one frame?

Mines an Alien Backflip and it started doing that a few months ago.

REGARDING the new Koxx frames… there’s a very simple answer as to why the Flat and Freestyle frames have a funny seat tube.

It is to do with weight saving. They intend for you to run a stump-sized post most likely since the necks are so high already. Therefore they can shave weight by having the rest of the neck a thinner diameter.

Sounds about right. What happens when you want to cut your seatpost though?:stuck_out_tongue:

Wouldn’t the top of the frame be the strongest anyway because the post is inside it? seems like if you use a really short post and have a butted seat tube like that it would break or bend right below…right?

I love the XTP and the Koxx Monster 26" that is an excelent muni - the old serie with the drilled rim. And they did really good hubs! (I killed one ISIS light weight the same time I needed three KH hubs!) A lot of freestyler missing the Signature.

That were the days of Yoggi and now he does Impact - a wonderful brand!
At the moment I just see visions but I would prefer if Koxx came back with new products…

ohhh Koxx one… I love you

Okay so recently I have traveled to Hungary as you might know from my other thread and I love the riding here in Budapest! I ride with my good friend who is crazy good at trial and I have ridden with Mark a few times. I got here last Friday and I ridden a lot since. Here is my uni:
(specs)
frame - K1 XTP got it for $128!!! (they don’t even sell them in Hungary any more).
seat - K1 giraffe
seat post - K1 pit fighter 2
seat clamp - 1 bolt neon yellow
rim - K1 drilled neon yellow from Joe Campbell :smiley:
cranks - tensils from Joe Campbell too :slight_smile:
hub - K1 reinforced
spokes - K1 black
tire - Monty eagle claw
pedals - butterfly 2

I might have to change to the new try-all tire if I get on the junior sponsor unicikli.hu team

I don’t know how to put more than one photo but here is the whole uni