Custom custom unicycles

The welds are aweful… but all I want from it is to not break :stuck_out_tongue:

-onza limey seat
-rusty bedford post thats been cut more than in half way :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
-bedford black clamp
-bedford muni frame
-maxxiss holy roller tire
-alexdx32 24" rim :slight_smile:
-sapim spokes
-white nimbus hub
-Kris Holm Nubless sym cranks
-echo tr pedals :smiley: :smiley: (pins removed on bottom of right pedal
-bedford stickers

i call it the bedford beast as most of it is steel :roll_eyes:
i will post pics when i get it back from my Local Bike Shop

I’m so excited :smiley: tommorow or tuesday i’m hoping

theres a picture of it from before i broke it and had to get new parts

<3 bedford unicycles

-Jon

heres my MAD4ONE 24inch street uni

the specs are:
MAD4ONE cromo hub
MAD4ONE 135mm cranks
Sunringle double wide rim
Maxxis hookworm 2.5 tire
Tryall seat post
KH double bolt clamp
KH 24inch frame
CF axel base with KH foam and cover
Odyssey JC/PC pedals

11.75 lbs and super strong :smiley:

Special thanks to MAD4ONE, Unicycle.tv and Olaf

m41 jacob.bmp (1.14 MB)

Sweet 24!

Duuude, nice frame. How did you you get that painted like that?!

Thanks man!

Just started out with a base coat of white then took the airbrush and put some neon spots all over it then took some tape and cut it into strips and put it over the frame and then put some black on there. It was actually really easy and fast.

Are those clipless pedals?!?

That is the coolest looking uni I have ever seen!!! Can’t wait to see a video of you riding it!

Those are Shimano DX’s, magnesium flat pedals.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1659&bih=885&rlz=1R2SKPB_enUS381&q=shimano+dx+pedals+flat&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=1155524830118426279&sa=X&ei=7ot_TaOFFIeRgQfAmMSNCA&ved=0CC0Q8wIwAg#

Lol, I was gonna say your brave riding with them.

eh, riding clipless isnt as bad as the old folks make it seem. If you’re a skilled rider (at the least a few years MUni’ing) then most (if not all) of your crashes result because of a loss of grip. No loss of grip = less crashing. Ive used them before many times with no crashes or painful instances resulting from them. Ride with them loose and practice your dismounts! :smiley:

So you’ve used clipless for muni? I’ve always considered it for trials because it would be easy to pull the uni up with your feet, but I fear falling off a rail would be a bit clumsy with clipless’. I remember reading somewhere about a couple of people experimenting with clipless for 36ers, which worked until one had a nasty injury. Are there any others who use clipless?

I’m sure it’s like everything else, you have to learn how to ride with them, but you also have to learn how to crash with them. You can adjust how tightly they are holding your feet as well.

All of these are sexy! Who’s is most exspensive?

I thought it was mine, but it’s PeterG’s Guni. I wish I could afford this, I tried Gunis a few times and it’s just awesome, it’s crazy!

My father told me last week (on my birthday) that he talked to a guy in Montreal who had a Guni, he wanted to know how much it’s worth and where he got it from. When my father knew the price of it he thought it was WAY too expensive… maybe one days I’ll get one for my birthday :stuck_out_tongue: (It would be amazing! :astonished: )

Sorry guys. Back to the subject. :smiley:

Just got everything delivered and assembled today. I wasn’t sure which “Custom” thread to throw this in so, since it’s basically a compilation uni :sunglasses: , I decided to throw it in here.

NimbusII 300mm longneck frame
Kris Holm 1st Gen saddle(w/foam cut)
Profile Hub and Cranks(145mm)
Monty Rim and Tire
Snafu Pedals

Weight=1 metric ton

Awesome ride, even with the weight. I don’t mind the 145mm cranks nearly as much as I thought I would. I started riding trials/street on a Qu-Ax ISIS with 125s. I’ve recently been riding my buddy’s White Russian which has 135s and, I kind-of felt like they were too long but, I realize now that it was actually the super-low seat height that was messing me up.

It’s also weird going from a Try-All tire to an old-school Monty. The Monty doesn’t feel bad, just really different.

Actually, I just threw it on the scale and it came up 13lbs even. That’s really not as bad as I thought it’d be. I was expecting closer to 15lbs.

I weighed myself on my electronic bathroom scale(to the tenth of a pound), 3 times(same weight, each time). Then, I weighed myself holding the unicycle(also 3 times). I don’t have OCD or anything, I was just being thorough. I also calibrate my scale weekly so, I know it’s accurate(I’m not obsessive, I promise;)).

Food for thought

This is a test, Made for my kids so they could ride a “Too Big” Uni a long time ago.

Here’s my uni with the new paintjob! I just looked at the whole thread and I didn’t even post it when it had a pink rim and seatclamp :stuck_out_tongue: Here it is while I’m trying to change my cranks.

Specs:

• K-1 Luxury foam on CF base with allen key bolts
  • KH 2010 seatpost
  • K-1 double bolt red clamp… cutted in half, drilled and painted :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Triton Sponge frame
  • KH 2009 hub (with the stupid flanges)
  • KH 2010 trials rim painted Key Lime
  • Monty eagle Claw tire
  • Tensile cranks
  • Gusset Slim Jim pedals, waiting for my Answer Rove FR to get home!

EDIT: I can take some other pictures, I found this one in an album of the CMQ 2011. Just ask if you want more pictures and closeups! :slight_smile:

tritonCMQ.jpg

my new wheel makes me giddy :stuck_out_tongue:

80mm graceful fat sheba rim with a 3.8" Larry. On this rim Larry really is 3.8" wide :slight_smile:

And the wheel fits perfectly in my custom triton frame.