Cranks 27.5 muni

I’m researching buying a 27.5 muni URC from mad for one. Which crank arms would be best duel or triple drilled? I’m a new rider and it will be my first wheel size larger than 20”.

The more holes the better.
For a general idea, this handy chart will give you an idea what length works for your riding style.

3 Likes

Thanks that helps explain a lot. I figured the triple hole was a good way to go but not having any experience in this figured I better get some advice.

1 Like

Go the triple. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The triple is the most versatile.
The long position is useful on UpHill
The shortest to let turn fast the pedals on DownHill, using the brake to manage balance.
The hole in the middle will be the most used during the learning period.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Marco , Im sure I’ll be hitting you up soon on frame and seat post sizing soon and hopefully placing a order.

Bonjour,
Sur mon QU-AX muni 27.5 j’ai installé KH 117/137 compatible freins à disque.
Bon week-end.

1 Like

If you can afford it, I can see no reason not to get the 3 holes. You may or may not find them a benefit, but they can’t do any harm.

I have 2 holes on 2 of my unis, and I find I change the effective crank length only rarely, and seldom if ever part way through a ride. Despite that, I’ve often thought of getting some 3 holers.

That said, I have a bits box with maybe 15 different sets of square taper cranks in it and I tend to switch only between 2 pairs on the remaining square taper uni in my fleet.

Welcome @Tiotiof

Apparent translation:
Hello,
On my QU-AX with 27.5 I installed KH 117/137 compatible with disc brakes.
Have a nice week end.

Thanks Jim