confession post

K this is my I idea since I have been a bit of a loser lately I am going to admit to my foul language and my short temper and say sory to anyone I have offended or made angry and try to get better .

Now that I have confessed I think anyone else who knows they have done something or do something that needs apologizing do it here.

BE A MAN AND STEP UP TO YOUR FAULTS

I’m sorry for being mean to Catboy.

thank you tyler you are one the youngest guys and you were the first to step up to th plate kudos to you

Dude, Brockerfish, find something else to do, please. Flooding the forum with useless posts that don’t have any punctuation is doing noone good. Please, just try and capitalize the beginnings of your sentences and if you can, discover the wonderful world of periods and commas. I know the vast territory in the lower right of your keyboard is daunting, but I think with a few seconds of effort, you can conquer it.

This thread belongs in JC, or the spam bin, not RSU (It seems with the sheer volume of frivolous posting on the fora, JC and the Spam Bin are quickly becoming one). If you feel you owe anyone an apology, deal with it in PM’s, not by making some wasteful thread in RSU.

You are not a moderator (thank Generic non denominational diety for that!), and are not in the place to tell people to apologize. As far as I know, you are not our mom, and are not in the place to act like it. So rather than posting how people need to apologize or posting for the sake of giving poorly articulated defense to people who don’t need, try posting useful information.

BE A MAN, USE PUNCTUATION, GRAMMAR, THE SHIFT BUTTON, PERSONAL MESSAGES, DONT MARGINALIZE WOMEN OR QUESTION OTHERS’ MASCULINETY (sp.?), AND DON’T TELL OTHER PEOPLE WHEN TO APOLOGIZE!

edit: Please don’t bother arguing with me here, since this is my one and only post here.

Final edit: Did I mention how much run-on sentences make you sound like a fool?

Seconded.

I stand with gerbil and Obie.

Dave

If this post is such a waste of time why are you replying to it.

Look me poste gooda gramahr lol

people are to hiigh strung on this forum sometimes

Er… if we’re sufficiently pedantic to use “fora” in place of “forums”, then the preposition should be “in”, not “on”.

Latin: forum = meeting place; in foro = in the forum.

It’s unfair and unwise to criticise poor or absent punctuation: unfair because punctuation is often badly taught in modern schools; unwise because it makes the critic fair game.

You know, I delighted in finding puntuation errors in “Eats, Shoots and Leave”.

And the odd irrelevant thread now and again does no harm.

Re: confession post

“Mikefule” <Mikefule@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> writes:

> Er… if we’re sufficiently pedantic to use “fora” in place of “forums”,
> then the preposition should be “in”, not “on”.

Well, to be didcactic, both “forums” and “fora” are correct. Some
dictionaries (e.g. the online compact OED:

If we are going to be that didactic, shouldn’t we point out that both
“forums” and “fora” are correct pluralizations, though “fora” is
sometimes regarded as connoting a tribunal

Re: confession post

[Sorry for the bad edit - let me try that again.]

“Mikefule” <Mikefule@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> writes:

> Er… if we’re sufficiently pedantic to use “fora” in place of “forums”,
> then the preposition should be “in”, not “on”.

Well, to be didcactic, both “forums” and “fora” are correct. Some
dictionaries (e.g. the online compact OED:
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/forum?view=uk) define fora as
public squares used for judicial and other business), but most make no
distinction.

Ken