Coker?

Is a Coker just the name for the brand of a uni or is it significantly different from other unicycles.

Coker is a brand name. They’re a specialty tire manufacturer, and they made a 36" pneumatic tire and some cycles to fit it–a unicycle, a quasi-penny farthing, and a “monster bike”. The Coker unicycle was readily accepted into the uni community, and now there are a number of different frames, hubs, rims, and tires for 36" unicycles. But most of these big-wheeled unis are referred to generically as “Cokers” even if they don’t actually have any Coker parts on them.

36" unicycles/cokers are also called commuters because of them reaching speeds that seem impossible. If you are a speed fiend then consider one of these, they are fast and smooth and ride over potholes like there was nothing there. These are definitely not a learners unicycle at all and unless you have a very big gym or something simular, They are not for indoor use.

Hoped this helped and BTW i have one of these monsters. So i’m just giving you a heads up. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :slight_smile:

I am some what new to unicycling, but fell in love with the Corker. After I popeyed up the dough I found I really like my Corker as I can keep up with my daughter and wife when they want to go on a ride. They don’t ride one wheel yet but my wife’s new years resolution is to learn :slight_smile:

Well i’m glad you like your new commuter/coker pcfisher. I fell in love with mine the moment i got my hands on it and now i have magnesium pedals on it. Can’t remember the brand name. But they do look awesome :smiley: :D. Can’t wait till i ride it again. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hay Hazmat,

Did you upgrade the frame on your corker or are you riding the original one? Do you know any pros or cons to upgrading the corker frame? what do you think about Corker handelbars?

Thanks

Just to clarify, it’s spelled coker, not corker.

Hey pcfisher, i still have the original frame and (for now) just the pedals are changed. For me I think the coker handlebars are good for riding uphill. Just lean slightly forward like they do for Tour De France to get better aerodynamics and balance. Because last time i rode. My friend clocked me doing 41km/h. Unless his lying to me, that’s just scary. Even for me.

Define pros and cons and i’ll get back to you :smiley: :smiley:

Take care
Hazmat

I’ve got the nimbus 36 frame, the main benefit is to me is that i can fit magura HS33 hydraulic brakes, it has the correct mounts and flexes much less so the rim won’t rub on the blocks.

The T7 handle is great, i couldn’t ride without it, both for control and for mounting my brake lever, bell and cycle computer.

what they said ^^

coker is like esky, thermos, bobcat, lego, franna, hi-ab and texta. there are more like that but i forget now.

I like lego and still do. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: