Cheap uni for work

Well I’d like the groovy cranks, esp at 130mm, but they are only on the Gravity and I wanted something cheaper. The Regents on sale have 110mm KH Moments or 140 Eifles or knoxx.

I love my 24 muni with 137mm cranks which is about the same as a 20" with 110mms I think, but then again I don’t do flatland/street on my 24–it’s my muni.

So, thinking of the White Regent with 140mm Eifles, then if I want shorter cranks, try to get some used. I’d hate to be stuck with the 110s which might be too short for flatland and trials. The 140s seem more versatile to start with. Then again I already have a KH long neck with 137mm cranks, so why not try something different so I have another size set of cranks…

Uggh, decisions, decisions…

http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-com-cyber-weekend-sale/impact-reagent-unicycle-3333.html

I only realized this earlier as well, and posted about it in this thread: Post Unicycles for sale on other sites here!

the 110mm moments are only $50 right now, so you could get the uni with both cranks for $300…

I didn’t realize how good a deal this was…
Buying somewhat equivalent / cheapest parts for this deal separately…the stock uni is less than half the cost…
groovy cranks: 110
impact frame: 70
cc tire: 45
dominator2 rim: 55
naomi saddle: 75
kh forged post: 30
black spokes: 52.20
nimbus hub: 65
pedal: 25
total ~$527

Just added yet another uni to the stable.

Pulled the trigger on the Impact Regent White:
http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-com-cyber-weekend-sale/impact-reagent-unicycle-3333.html

Now I can have a flatland/trials at work and one at home and never have to be without. I often bike or uni to work, so on those days I have to leave my KH20 at home. Then I don’t get to practice at lunch :frowning:

Plus I love how this one looks. $250 with free shipping. I think that’s a really sweet deal if you look at the specs.

Yeah, the cranks are a bit long, but what the hell. I figure I could always get the 125mm ventures for $65 with free shipping during the holiday season and have a really nice flat and trials uni for $315. Or pony up for more expensive cranks later.

I couldn’t resist. :slight_smile:

at these cheap sale prices, i’m really curious how many udc sells (or sold this weekend)

nice deal! (also ordered that uni earlier today)

Interestingly there’s not much online about groovy cranks.

I called UDC and nobody could really tell me much about them. They are reported as the same weight as the Eifles, but that could be a misprint.

They also appear rounder and Impact bills them as great for flatland/street–I assume because of the shape. Are they easier to land your foot on? Easier to do grinds on?

I currently do flatland tricks on my KH20 with 137mm cranks. I am aware that’s a bit long for flatland, but I do appreciate them when practicing unispins.

The ones that came with this Impact are only 3mm longer, so probably I won’t notice much difference.

Have you gone through this thread lately?:

KH posts there about his rationale for putting the 110 mm Moments on the KH20 Flatland, but acknowledges that riders have a lot of different preferences for flat. And several of them mention liking the feel of tubular cranks better.

I recently got the Impact 20" Reagent Muni Unicycle - Limited Editon - KH Wheelset

Even at the non-holiday price it’s a good deal, given the build. The wheelset seems particularly nice/well built, and I quite like the KH Street saddle (very comfy; shaped perfectly for how I’m built).

It weighs in @ 4.91kg on my digital scale. I picked up a Maxxis 20x2.1 Grifter to swap for the stock Onza tire for when I pretend to ride/learn flatland stuff; this should save another 400g or so.

A really good deal IMHO; a killer deal @ $250.

Yeah they are all good deals. I wanted the naomi seat though. For my style of riding the seat just gets in the way, so I want something more minimal than the KH street. I also wanted something a bit more versatile which I could use for trials type riding as well.

I went for that one too. The wheel with the Moment hub and 47mm rim was the hook for me. In fact I ordered it on Thursday, as soon as the sale page went up, but I’ve been superstitious about mentioning it online until I got the shipping notification.

But all of the models were still showing “Add To Cart” when I just checked so I assume none have sold out yet, and there’s something to be said for each. I’m still curious about 19" mod trials tires. Maybe there’ll be a chance to pick up an extra wheel to try in that frame later on.

That’s the one I ordered as well. I’m putting a 20x2.25 CST Operative tire on it. As near as I can tell the Operatve is like a wider Grifter.

Good tip on the CST Operative, jtrops. I hadn’t seen that one.

We’ll need a topic for posting pictures when all of these Cyber Weekend/12 Days of Christmas specials start arriving!

Indeed. Thanks for the CST Operative tip. I didn’t know about it, either.

The CST and Maxxis brands are made by the same company. Not surprised there’s a similar tire sold under each name. Generally speaking, CST is the “budget” brand (compared to Maxxis). I’ve found tire workmanship to be the same or very similar between the two, but CST doesn’t get the fancy rubber compounds and/or sidewall technology that Maxxis does.

My uni was a helluva deal. It appears to be about $430 at Renegade.

At last check, the Reagent with Koxx cranks was the only version shown as out of stock. There’s no telling how many of each there were to begin with, but I don’t remember anyone mentioning interest in that one. I guess if your non-negotiables were black frame, 19" rim, and cranks longer than 110 mm, that would’ve been it.

Got it last night and put it together. The wheel seems a bit out of true. Spoke tension?

It definitely feels lighter than the kh20. Dont have a scale. I think its the naomi seat, which i like. The groovy cranks are interesting. I guess they have built in rollos, which i never understood before. Quite annoying when riding around but havent tried landing my feet on them yet.

Looking at some max schulze videos i see he has the rollos at least in

He is amazing. So multi talented. Did he just practice forever, just gifted, or both?

If you want to see how much is in stock of an item add it to your cart. Then change the amount, selecting more and more till it says there aren’t enough. Then fine tune it and you’ll know how many are in stock.

Most of us aren’t 16 so we don’t have the kind of time to do this. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Credit where it’s due though. I said no way and he said way, and he’s right.

Nice new unis kahunacohen and LargeEddie! Those are absolutely fantastic deals. I got the Reagent with KH wheelset before the super sale just so I could grab the wheel to piece together a KH flatland. These are my ‘learning’ unis – I have a flatland with 110s and a smooth tire and a KH trials uni with 137s. The difference between the two is huge… so much so that I’m putting 127s on the flatland. I find that at my skill level the extra control is really helpful. I’m sure I’ll graduate to shorter cranks on all my unis in time, but that’s where I’m at right now.

Clever Shmolagin!! All these years and I never thought of that. Not bad.