Characteristics of a trials tire?

With the demise of the Dyno Fireball and my reluctance to pay absurd amounts of money for those that are remaining, I am searching for a 24" tire for trials.
What characteristics should I be looking for in a trials tire? evenly spaced knobs? large? small? thin sidewall? lots of tread or no tread?
As far as width of the tire goes, the bigger the better is a given but what else defines a good trials tire?
I’m currently running a 2.6" Stout for Muni/Trials and it seems to be ok.
Anybody have experience with good 24" trials tires?
Thanks

Whats wrong with the 2.6 gazz?
-David Kaplan

I’ve never ridden a gaz. I was under the impression that different tires are used for different things. Comparing the Dyno Fireball to the Gazzalodi has me confused as to what to look for in a trials tire seeing as there are few similarities other than width.
Is it better then to use the same tire for Muni and Trials instead of using a tire for each specific application?

The only diff between the fireball and the gazz, is the tread. I dont see how having a knobby tire will hurt you if you are doing trials stuff.
-David Kaplan

the sidewall is thiner on the fireball than the Gazz,therfor it weighs less too.

Re: Characteristics of a trials tire?

UniDak wrote:

> The only diff between the fireball and the gazz, is the tread. I dont
> see how having a knobby tire will hurt you if you are doing trials
> stuff.
> -David Kaplan

Im pretty sure that the fireball has thinner sidewalls than the Gazz,
making it lighter.

Some things to look for in a trials tire are even spaced tread and a lighter tire is good too.
a good trials store is to look at is

http://www.trialsin.com

most of the tires are 26" but you might be able to get an idea for the type of tread you want.

peter