CANUC: Canadian Unicycle Convention 2009

Looks like this is a tough year for Canadian unicycle events. Hopefully next year will shape up a bit better.

Man that is a bummer, I too was really looking forward to this one.

I was so exited about the CANUC.
I thought it was great to have a big Canadian event with people liking different kinds of riding, meeting and practicing together. Competitions were a plus, an occasion for people to push themselves, but not mandatory.
I was also hoping that it would be the occasion to build something in Canada and make the uni bigger in the country. I really wanted to meet more Canadian riders, have fun with them, go for Muni, Trial, Street or long distance rides… (and a little bit of freestyle)…
So I’m really sad it is canceled. I was planning to come from Vancouver, flight tickets were almost bought.
I’ll probably go East around those dates anyway.

Anne-Sophie

Will it have a CANUC next year? I really wanted to go there, like anso said, I really wanted meet more canadian riders and ride with other people. That means no competition for me this year :frowning:

CANUC 09 Cancellation

Yes it is true. Thanks for breaking it Roman. Not sure about next year for a CANUC10 yet but possible. There will likely be a smaller scale non-competitive meetup in the future.

We are all quite sorry to get everyone in our uni community excited and planning for a Canadian convention, then cancel out. It had to be done.

-Ben