Canadian Unicyclists

Hi, I am new to this forum. I’ve been unicycling for a couple of years, but always solo. I was wondering if anyone in the Ottawa, Ontario region is part of a uni club, or would like to start one.

I figure it would be much more fun as a group activity :slight_smile:

that wouldbe cool. i know a few people who unicycle…er…one. there is also “vortex_oow”, i think he lives in Ottawa. for muni there is already unipsychos, although ithink they’re just a bunch of friends, not really a club…

-Mike

lostzen, what partof Ottawa do you live in?

-Mike

I live in Gloucester, but have been going to kanata to muni after work :slight_smile:

what part are you in?

I’m near Ottawa south, near Main St… How long have you been unicycling for?

I dont have a MUni yet, although I think I will get one this winter.

-Mike

Re: Canadian Unicyclists

In article <lostzen.bhp2a@timelimit.unicyclist.com>,
lostzen <lostzen.bhp2a@timelimit.unicyclist.com> writes:
>
> Hi, I am new to this forum. I’ve been unicycling for a couple of years,
> but always solo. I was wondering if anyone in the Ottawa, Ontario
> region is part of a uni club, or would like to start one.
>
> I figure it would be much more fun as a group activity :slight_smile:
>

I live in Ottawa, in Alta-Vista. I’ve gone out a few times on
Colonel By Drive and the Ottawa Parkway when they close them to
traffic on Sundays. I’ve never seen another uni on there. Maybe
next season.

============================================================
Gardner Buchanan <gbuchana@rogers.com>
Ottawa, ON FreeBSD: Where you want to go. Today.

hey Gardner,

I think my dad saw you on colonel drive one sunday while he was jogging. As you said , there probably arent any other unicyclist there, so it was probably you.

-Mike

Hey Gardner, you interested in meeting up sometime?

Hey Gardner, I’m one of the Ottawa Unipsycho’s. My name is Callan, and we’re a 1/2 club we are friends and we ride alot. Were do you live? What kind of riding do you do? We’re really into trials. when did you start. Anyway, you can e-mail me at callan_10@hotmail.com or give me a call at 737-2918. If your close we could all ride and teach ya!

Callan
:slight_smile:

Its amazing how many unicyclists there are in Ottawa. And its awsome that many post here. I think someone should make a real unicycling club. For anything…not just MUni. …or not…

You Uniphsychos are more of a group of friends as opposed to a club…right?

-Mike

Ya I guess your right, we kind of like how its goin. When My friend and I want to to urbaning we just meet somewhere and ride. Its really fun. Thats what we’re really into. Trials and a little less muni. We still like it all though. Anybody that wants to meet up with us sometime give me an e-mail at callan_10@hotmail.com.

Callan
:sunglasses:

Callan, you went to Creative Wheel this summer, right?
Now that I think about it, with that name, it shouldnt be a mountain bike camp, it should be a uni camp.

-Mike

Re: Canadian Unicyclists

In article <lostzen.brt6o@timelimit.unicyclist.com>,
lostzen <lostzen.brt6o@timelimit.unicyclist.com> writes:
>
> Hey Gardner, you interested in meeting up sometime?
>

Maybe. For the next week or so I have a bathroom renovation project
that is taking ALL my time. When thats done, I’ll be able to think
about something resembling leasure activity. I haven’t ridden for
more than 20 minutes in over a month now.

============================================================
Gardner Buchanan <gbuchana@rogers.com>
Ottawa, ON FreeBSD: Where you want to go. Today.

Ya I did go to Creative wheel, did you know me? I’m trying to remember you.

Callan

I was the older one of the two guys who were opening the ‘pool’ higher up the stream over the damn you guys made. Actually, I was probably one of the oldest at the whole camp.

-Mike

hey mike it’s Ryan, i went to creative wheel also this summer,
what weeks did you go? when did you start uniing?
did you see me ride up there? i was a “leader”

Cool, Are ya good, how high can ya jump? What can you do?
When did u start.

Callan

Well, I have a friend who has been unicycling for the past one or two years , but I had only tried his uni once, then I forgot about it. But when I saw you guys doin muni and trials and after I tried yours or your friend’s and made it about 15 feet , i got obsesed and bough my own uni from Fosters.

I cant jump high at yet (maybe almost a foot) because my crappy viscount saddle keeps breaking (it really hurts to hold on to sharp metal). Also I have stoped jumpin off stuff cuz my wheel is startin to bend (my next uni will probably be a trials one…) So untill I buy myself a miyata or velo and a new uni I will not be jumping much. Just practicing normal stuff on the street (idling, one foot idling, one foot riding, wheel walk, etc.)…

How high can ya jump? What can you do?
When did u start.

-Mike

basically the four of us can jumpup things at least 2 feet without much trouble. callan can jump up things around 2.6 feet (80cm) and the rest of us aren’t far behind. some us can peals grab around 3.5 feet or more. we have all been riding aroung 1 year.
we should set up a ride, email callan (he the events director:D ) and talk (callan_10@hotmail.com)

l8er,
Ryan