can i use a 1 bolt?

well today i went out to go buy a seat post clamp and there was no one that had one so RBM ordered me one. but i have one that i can use for now its a 1 bolt and would it mess up my new (dan heaton) frame? or my try-all seatpost? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 bolt is more likely to not secure your seatpost as well as a 2 or 3 bolt clamp, but it will still work ok.

It really depends on the make though, some brands are better than others and will hold better, so as long as it fits properly, your good to go.

erm
shaun johanneson uses a 1 bolt seatclamp.
you know what tricks he does.

I feel dumber having read this post. It’s a lot of reading to find out Jerrick doesn’t have a real answer to the question.

Simple answer: look at the bolt. If you have a clamp with one big beefy bolt, it should hold just as well as something with two smaller bolts.

I don’t see how a clamp would mess up your frame or seatpost, though… don’t worry about it. The worst thing that could happen is your seat will get bumped out of alignment if you drop your uni… just bump it back in place and keep riding until you get your new clamp!