Building and Ultra light trials wheel using an actual 20in trials rim

Anybody interested if giving this a try? I’m tempted, just to see what it would handle like. If it handles well and weighs less why not? I’m not sure how much of that extra .5 of an inch I’m actually using.

Anybody give this a try yet? I know trials wheels come in 32h mostly, I’m sure it can be laced up just fine, I don’t go huge.

With all the cash I’ve saved up I might just get some used trials wheel off observed trials and lace it up to one of the hubs I’ve got laying around.

Supposes flat/ street riders might be interested, it would flip faster. As I said I’m not sure how a 20in handles, but if it does well why have the extra weight of the mod?

you are talking about using a front (20") rim? Why don’t you just use a freestyle wheelset?

If you are going to build up a 32-spoke rim into a unicycle hub I would use a 48H hub. You could use a more symmetrical lacing then.

you are talking about using a front (20") rim? Why don’t you just use a freestyle wheelset?

If you are going to build up a 32-spoke rim into a unicycle hub I would use a 48H hub. You could use a more symmetrical lacing then.

Or you could wait for Koxx to finally release that 32h hub… I wouldn’t hold your breath for that one though.

That is a street wheel. Rim of unknown strength, and without holes for a trials set up…:frowning:

Yes, a trials front rim is probably stronger and ligher than a freestyle, not to mention wider. A trials rim also has holes to cut weight, the main reason I was even thinking about building this thing up.

Thought about the koxx hub, probably will happen within the next 5 years or so. If I do go on I’ll get the nimbus rim and be done with it.