British Unicycle Convention (BUC) 2012

20-22 April 2012
Okehampton College
Mille Rd
Okehampton
Devon
EX20 1PW

A weekend of unicycling for all levels and ages of riders. Featuring the British Unicycle championships in Trials, street, Freestyle and hockey. There will be space and time for workshops and fun games,levels tests, messing about on one wheel and learning new skills. We are booking an indoor skatepark for exclusive unicycle use on Saturday evening.All riders registering for BUC18 will be registered as members of the Union of UK Unicyclists.

The site has one sports hall for unicycling use all weekend and a second sports hall we will have for some sessions, there is outdoor but undercover riding space as well as outdoor smooth tarmac areas. There is camping space,car parking and some hard-standing for camper vans. Catering is planned for Saturday breakfast to Sunday Lunch. We will be on the edge of the Dartmoor National park with easy access to a traffic free cycle trail and bridleways on the moor for Cross country Muni riding.

You are welcome to join in the discussions on the UUU forum.

Registration for BUC 18 will open in the new year from the convention website.

Pre-Reg is now open! http://unicycle.org.uk/buc18/register

I am very sorry to have tell you that I am cancelling the planned BUC18 unicycle event at Okehampton college that was top be held April 20th-22nd.

The cancellation is for financial reasons. The level of interest and bookings for the event has not reached a high enough level for me to be confident that there will be enough income to pay for the event.

Any one who has pre registered and paid will be refunded.

That is a real pity.

I am going down to meet up this weekend with the organisers of the Pennies in the Park event on the weekend of May 17th. They are very enthusiastic to having unicycists take part in the event. What do you all think about me seeing if we can incorporate more of the normal BUC events in it so that we don’t fully loose out this year?

Roger

Would be great Roger, loved it last year.

Great idea Roger, we can show off some of our Freestyle Penny skills too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jason

Freestyle being the optimum word. Bring it on!

I am not sure if they will let you anywhere near their 120 year old machines after they see what you do on a trials unicycle! :stuck_out_tongue: