brakes for UDC 32"

ok I aired my tire up to 62 PSI and went for a ride, I got 10 miles in and did it in 1:14 min, that is an all time best for me so far. I was in my neighborhood so most of the crown is minimal but I hit a few areas with decent crown, it was a little better but I have to say it was still a struggle. However I did gain some other improvements in my riding so I’m holding out hope that more seat time is going to be the simple answer. I was able to ride longer than I ever have before with both hands on the handlebar. the only issue there is when I hold with both hands the wheel wiggles back and forth a lot and if I let go of either hand I would smooth right out, but it’s progress so I’m happy. Also I made 6 miles before making my first stop and it was a planned stop, my previous best was under 5 miles. I could have gone farther but it was time to reposition :roll_eyes:
after that stop I was able to truly for the first time stand up and ride out of the saddle, it was fairly slow but I had total control and this allowed me to work on learning how reposition and not have to stop. I can’t say I got any better in terms of tries to get mounted if I stopped but the mounting is getting smoother so that’s a step forward. the jury is still out on my riding at night but I did find my headlights were crap, so I have 2 new ones on there now I am looking forward to testing. they are easily twice as bright as what I had

I would encourage someone who has the tools to measure tire temperatures after rides with different tire pressures but really we don’t travel fast enough to see any discernible difference in tire temperature. When I was unicycle commuting with a 36 I would drop the pressure down to 20 PSI for snowy terrain. It made camber sensitivity worse on dry pavement but had advantages elsewhere.

I’m not sure why tire manufacturers put minimum pressures on bike tires, they don’t really mean much.