'Bidston Hill' muni time trial weekend 1st - 3rd Sepetember (UK)

just do them wearing gloves then you can’t burn yourself if you grab them :smiley:

It’s more about getting hit in the face or arms actually.

With the swinging, I’m always afraid that I’ll set a part of me that I can’t see alight and I wont know until I’m well ablaze.

Cathy

Ah right, that would explain why you don’t like to swing alone presumably. Clothes are surprisingly difficult to set on fire, I’ve seen people engulfed in fire more times than you’d think and the clothes never catch. I always wet my hair before juggling, I’ve set it on fire so many times in other ways that it always seems a liability.

hair lacker experiments :smiley:

The list of ppl coming is growing, keep it coming.

can i get a head count plz of who is considering coming, nearly end of mth and i’m away for a week or 2 in croatia.

Need to inform the nice lady of a rough number of tents thx.

I’ll be coming, so add me to the list!

I might come for the days and not camp, as my tent can’t fit on the field.

Cathy

Me and Jo are hoping i will have passed my driving test by then. If i do we will be coming!

Rock on!
Edd

Me and Pebbles are up for it, so add another two to the head count.

I was born in Liverpool, lived there until I was 1.5, moved to Birkenhead and lived there until I was six and we moved to Scotland.

When I first saw this post in the news bit, I remembered how my brother broke his arm on Bidston hill. So I phoned my Dad and asked him about it.

Turns out my brother fell on Thursturston(?) hill and broke his leg. But I was 3 or 4 at the time and couldn’t say “Thursturston” so used to tell folk that he broke his leg on Bidston hill. Apparently I would then say “it wasn’t really Bidston hill, I just can’t say “Thursturston”.”

So this is gonna be a wee nostalgia trip for me, going back down to the first area that I can remember living in (I was too young to remember living in Liverpool!). And hopefully finding out the proper names of these hills.

Sounds like fun, I could bring my fire clubs too.

Nice one!

T.

nice so that is a dozen ppl. Cathy remember i said you could borrow my tent if you want.

It’s localish for me, so I’m interested. I’ve not had my Muni for very long though, so I wouldn’t expect much/any competence!

Dave

it’s friendly fun competition, not ment to be serious :slight_smile:

I’ll almost definitely be there. It’s not going to be really difficult is it?

what your flying over from south africa?

Well i’m still newbie ish and i can do most of it. It’s mixed.

I live in Liverpool now, so it’s a slightly shorter trip than that;)

then you know where bidston is :wink: but about time someone was near so i can do trials practice with :slight_smile:

Really looking forward to this now! Looks like there is going to be a good turnout!

How many people is it now Damien? Must be quite a few!

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and some new ones!

Rock on!
Edd

P.S, They way my driving instructor is talking, I think I can (Fairly) safely say I will be driving by September!

counts to around 16 ppl i think.