Bent torker tx

Heard of LX, and DX, whats an TX?

Steel frames can be straightened. A good bike shop, especially one that builds custom frames, will have the tools necessary to straighten the frame and check to make sure it is in alignment. For example, steel bike forks can be straightened if they have been bent in a crash.

Getting the frame straightened and reinforced is one option. Another option would be to call Torker and find out how much a new frame would be. Could be cheaper to get a new frame and then transfer all the parts to the new frame than to get the frame fixed.

if im not mistaken, the TX is the giraffe line of torkers

Dont worry about it youre not mistaken. :stuck_out_tongue:

I took the photos I’m just waiting on my dad to load them to the comp

What does the T, D, and L stand for in the DX, LX, and TX?
wht does the X stand for?

There was an old thread here that says what people thought they all mean.

I’m having a hard time looking up that post?
cannot find it, can you point me in the right direction?

I’ll see if I can find it. I don’t remember it that great but I’ll look and see if I can find it because I’m pretty sure there was a thread about it

maby I should just make a thread asking that s you dont have to find it, then the question will be answered.

whould you because I’m curious again since I can’t find it

Jerrick to the rescue again. His post explaining the Torker naming theory.

whos jerrick?

DX = Deluxe
TX = Tall
LX = Luxury
CX = Cheap

not what they stand for, but hey, it works.

my friends tx’s seat post tube bent, im sure the seat post bent too but wen we look at it we can tell that the seat post tube is bent…
we didnt know wat it was from, but its from all the falling the uni did?

Most likely from the giraffe falling hard. You can also bend the frame by doing things like running mounts.

The TX isn’t a strong giraffe frame so you should try to take it easy on it. If you start doing skills that bend the TX frame it’s time to think about getting a better giraffe if you want to continue like that. Unfortunately better giraffes are expensive. UDC is making some better giraffes in their Nimbus line. Beyond that and you’re looking at custom made frames and that will get even more expensive.

And don’t forget about Bedford. He knows his giraffes and may have some more sturdy giraffes.

Im Jerrick! :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is some pictures of the unicycle:

unicycle5footMay2007007.JPG

unicycle5footMay2007008.JPG

That’s an interesting bend and not how I imagined it would be. Looks like things are mostly straight except for the twist.

It looks like a bike shop that has a fork straightening/alignment tool will be able to fix that. Should be very similar to fixing a twisted bike fork.

Here’s the type of tool used to align bent forks. And then they would also have a gauge tool in the dropouts so they can get the dropouts in alignment with each other.

I was thinking about taking it to my lbs sometime this week to see if the guy has one and if he does I’ll get him to fix it or fix it myself