Beginner from Phoenix, Arizona

Hi from USA. My name is Steve. I just started riding 6 months ago. Instead of buying a treadmill, I decided to get a unicycle and exercise your brain as well as your muscles.

I first bought a cheap 20" unicycle off Amazon (I think is was $75). After about 3 months, I bought a Nimbus 20". I should have started with the Nimbus - is has the right size cranks (125 mm) and a better shaped saddle (it’s flatter and not so ‘U’ shaped).

Oh - one thing I didn’t mention - I’m 65 years old and I’ve ever rode a unicycle in the past!

8 Likes

Nice! Persistence will be the key @stevenpph
Enjoy!

3 Likes

Welcome Steve!

Cheap unicycles are a good test of your commitment :wink:

Thank you!

Welcome aboard Steve. I live in Glendale, AZ so depending on your location in the valley we might hook up and ride a little. I have three Nimbus unis so I think you made a good choice. I am far from good when it comes to what some can do, but I’ve ridden since I was around 12. I am 69 so you are just a kid :cowboy_hat_face:
Stay with it and you will be a well balanced old guy.

1 Like

Welcome Steve

Hi Terry,
It’s nice to know that there’s other unicycle riders nearby! Glendale isn’t that far from me - I live in Cave Creek. I try to practice a couple times a week, either near my house or at a nearby park. We should meet somewhere. Do you ride regularly? I am still a beginner - I am working on free bounding (successful about half the time).
–Steve

Hey Steve it’s Jimbo’s post above mine that is from your area.

ok - thanks.

Hi Jimbo,
It’s nice to know that there’s other unicycle riders nearby! Glendale isn’t that far from me - I live in Cave Creek. I ride a couple times a week, either near my house or at a nearby park. We should meet somewhere. Do you ride regularly? I am still a beginner - I started riding about 6 months ago. I am now working on free mounting.

–Steve

Hi Steve. I’m Loren, a 61 year old muni guy living in Chandler. I’ve been riding since I was a child of 53. It’s great to see ‘not so young’ guys learning to ride.
I do a lot of skills learning and practice days as the weather gets too hot for decent muni rides. Maybe we can meet up in a park some Saturday morning for a practice session.

Loren

1 Like

Hi Loren,
Thanks for the reply. I would be happy to meet you and try practicing. I started riding about 6 months ago. I am slowly mastering free mounting. Any Saturday or Sunday morning would be fine for me. I live in Cave Creek but I don’t mind traveling to a park near Chandler.

Steve

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.