Bedford Unicycles

Last i asked Darren said hes not on here…

and if you want i have a light duty Street uni 24" i can post pics of once i get my new tire :roll_eyes:

Click the link on his page on unicyclist community?

The one on bedfordunicycles.ca, the link that says Price List. <–there’s a direct link to it.

thank you so much julia!

Can anyone post a pic of the 20" trials frame form bedford?

Custom Bedford Unicycles there’s one at post #17, #29, #40 and some other posts too.

Oh thought they were round crown… but why is his stuff a little bit more expensive than unicycle.com and other sites? Sorry for all the questions…:smiley:

Maybe it’s just because it’s in Canadian $$. But I’d get a Nimbus II over a Bedford because the Nimbus has a 25.4mm seatpost(22.2 on bedfords) and it has machined bearing holders. The Bedford looks more “old school” though:p

No I wasn’t going to but one just wanted to know… :slight_smile: my last question is what are the pro t-shirts like?

thye’re sick, they are all the riders Kris holm and bedford have sponsored over the years, everyone from Dan Heaton to Kaori to Kris Holm himself. it is a t shirt with an animated characture of the rider riding their best known style they were known for riding at the time they were sponsored by bedford (MUni for Kris, freestyle for kaori, bc wheel for jeff and spencer, trials for ryan, etc) and they’re is lots of selection in riders. they are very cool shirts

okay cool thanks so much I think I’ll get one if they’re in stock

I have Zack Bladwin’s shirt (I’m wearing it now:)) but it shows Zack on a Muni, he was riding Trials! I really like it anyway, one of my favorite shirt:D

I just visited Darren this weekend. He told me something disturbing. He says that when he gets rid of his current KH stock he’s only going to stock Bedford. No more walking in and buying KH parts anymore.:frowning: Otherwise he’s a decent guy except I disagree with him about whether Nimbus is a good brand… It is, you know.

I’m not meaning to be negative here, and no offense intended to Darren or anyone else, but I just don’t get it. I actually WANT to buy stuff from Bedford but if the only way to know quality, sizing, prices, etc. is to either head to Toronto or call the shop on the phone it seems too much of a hassle. Maybe I’m confused since I’m 3000 miles away.

Never having been to his store I don’t understand his business model, does he sell anthing else besides unicycle stuff? I would think a bitchin online presense would bring in considerable income but the Bedford website is nearly unusable and out of date. Business sense says make it as easy as possible for the consumer to consume and they will be fast and easy with their money. That’s where he could really stand out in a crowd of shoppers if he wanted to go that way.

Just ranting, don’t mind me. It bugs me that there is nowhere nearby I can walk into and actually touch uni products before purchasing. If Bedford were closer I probably wouldn’t be complaining, or maybe I would anyway. :wink:

I have thought the same thing. I am pretty happy with udc Canada though so I haven’t tried to find out more about Bedford. My guess is that he isn’t interested in having the business get bigger than he can handle. It is either a sideline business that he doesn’t want to put more time into or he is getting enough patronage just from people in the Toronto area and he is content with the lifestyle that presents. Maybe he is planning on getting out of the business.
It would be nice to see more Canadian unicycle related businesses with web accessibility.

KH pulled his distributorship and I don’t think he wants the hassle of having to deal with UDC like everyone else. Smart man.

You could come a few hours south and get stuff from Serious Juggling… I’m not sure why Darren never really expanded the site but I remember a while back(a few years maybe?) there was a thread where someone was building him a new site similar to the KoxxOne site. Not sure what happened to that.

As you probably know I’ve purchased a good deal of stuff from Serious Juggling, as has my son. Although I haven’t been to their new store yet, I’ll try to stop by the next time I’m in town. They’ve always done right by me and I feel good supporting a local business.

I hear they will be at NAUCC this year, or at least the Berkeley Juggling Festival. Too bad you won’t be able to make it. :frowning:

yeah I know haha. I haven’t been to the new store yet either. I’m really disappointed I wont be at NAUCC this year, but I have a good job haha.

Is there an actual Bedford store one can walk into and look at stuff or is it simply something he runs from his house/garage/basement?

Yeah, he has a small shop at upstairs in the back of a different building where you can walk in and look at stuff. Darren likes it if you call or email him before you drop in to make sure he’ll be there. If you want to visit him sometime, his address is 80 Colville Road, Toronto.