Backflips?

Is it possible to do it on a pogo stick? I would think that would be a prerequisite before anyone tries it on a unicycle.

When did backflips become the trick to end all tricks??? I’m so sick of seeing backflips. Now it’s double backflips.

I must be getting old…

I’m tried of hip hop too

i love that. hip hop never really got me awake, except maybe a few Australia hip hop dabbler’s. and as for the back flip, the next time a SMART ASS LITTLE KID ASK"S ME TO DO ONE! i will probably say no

lol niice

S1GG3|)!

Just found this.

Does a backflip on a uni seem more possible now? It would definatly have to be off a big drop or something in order to get enough air time though.

my bad

no.

Apparently Rhys from Australia can do them, has done them and was going to do it for Guinness but shattered his profiles trying…I think Tomsey would be the person to ask about that.

See that is what i’ve HEARD. Never got anymore past that then I typed sentence about it. It’s funny he broke his cranks doing them. Kinda like what has been said. Once you go high enough to have neough time to rotate, you’ll break your wheel set. haha.

-Shaun Johanneson

I think Pete66 has one of those attempts on film

Well post it pete!!!

I think it would be a good deal easier on a bc wheel, you can tons of air off a pipe. First i would do it into water, get it constistant so that you are hitting the water in the correct position, Then move on to a foam pit, then into maybe sand.

It’s threads like this that make me want to check rsu more often.

I have been thinking about doing this for some time. I reckon its possible, and more so off a long wall. I can see it as a great street line. Rolling hop on to wall, ride along wall, 270 body spin, then backflip.

I am going to start my attempts the back flip shortly, one practise exams are out of the way.

All the unicycle companys should get together and offer a prize for who ever lands it first. Give them a golden shrine, and 3 of every unicycle they make.

I fit all requirements

I wish I had a foam pit, I would of already been trying them, best I tried was frontflips onto a landing pad, a thick 3 foot deep pad, used for pole vaulting, but it got put away.

This is pete66 (using unicyclistjoes computer)… Yes Rhys does backflips on his unicycle. In fact he’d only been able to ride a unicycle for less than 6 months when he first landed it, he’s pretty extreme! Unfortunately I didn’t get any footage of the backflip while I was in Australia, I kinda realised that they were making their own video and it didn’t feel right for me to “take it”, even though I don’t think Rhys really cared either way.

I do have some footage I could post from when Rhys did a standing backflip while holding my $6500 camera…

I don’t think Rhys rides anymore :frowning:

That would be the Rhys with a '04 KH, right? From Melbourne?

[/THREADJACK]

Ed

Of course the person the does the backflip has no footage. I mean how hard would a backflip be on a unicycle. You wouldn’t need to film that. Come on. I want to see this if it has been done.

-Shaun Johanneson

I hope that’s not right, where’s Tomsey? Rhys was riding an 05KH with profiles when I met up with him… he got all his stuff pretty cheap though so probably is the same Rhys (Kember?). I think he was on the brink of moving from Melbourne to Sydney…

He’s a cool guy, modest and chilled out. He was right into his BC wheeln, doing heaps of stuff I haven’t seen in any vids. And on his uni he was doing crankflips, 360 unispins, seatdrag & pretty much anything else (backflips) within a couple of tries. That was all with less than 8 months of apparently on & off riding under his belt :astonished:

Before you all go out and try hitting backflips, be aware that Rhys was carrying on with various foot fractures and scars to show for all his utter lack of fear. Quite funny reading this thread knowing it’d already been done before the thread existed :slight_smile: