Back It Up Muni style

That was a decent choice and ride! Looking forward to filming this weekend.

O _ _ _muni123
_ _ _ _PeterH
_ _ _ _Gear
_ _ _ _knoxuni
_ _ _ _anton005 (set)
_ _ _ _unibabyguy

Muni Challenge #2: Ride on a skinny, tree, or ladder type structure.

That was awesome. What a cool place to ride.

Ok im curious if a skinnie for trials will work. dont have time to build one of thoes or like a narrow wall

_ _ _ _muni123
_ _ _ _PeterH
_ _ _ _Gear (landed)
_ _ _ _knoxuni
_ _ _ _anton005 (set)
_ _ _ _unibabyguy

Muni Challenge #2: Ride on a skinny, tree, or ladder type structure.

Again, a cool vid… like the music too.

What are you using for a camera setup (what kind of camera)? How do you hold the camera for the moving shots?

You look so smooth when you ride, when I ride and film it I seem like a total spaz, arms everywhere, legs not spinning smooth.

I think that when I post videos too. You see yourself with different eyes than you see everyone else. Really it’s an illusion. I didn’t see an unusual amount of thrashing in your video.

Thanks for the compliments on the video. It is a learning process for me and one that I hope to improve on. I am currently using a GoPro 3 Silver edition. It is mounted to a Joby Gorillapod Magnetic Tripod. Both purchased at REI.

The moving shots in that video I was just holding the camera with my hand. I thought they were pretty poor clips. I am looking into alternative ways to photograph while moving.

Xshot 2.0 Camera Extender - This is a product that I would like to try.

Filming is like unicycling the more you work at it the better you get. Or at least I am hoping so.

Thanks for the info. Was the resolution different when you had it in your hands vs when it was sitting in the ground? It looks different, but I’m wondering if it’s because everything is moving more.

The resolution was the same. However I tried to do some image stabilizing in iMove. Not sure it really helped. It may have actually cause the lower quality video. Still learning.

Reminder: Tomorrow is the last day to post for round #2!

I think Gear is due to set the next challenge, since he was first in landing the last challenge.

O U _ muni123
O _ _ PeterH
_ _ _ Gear (landed)
O _ _ knoxuni
_ _ _ anton005 (landed)
_ _ _ unibabyguy (landed)

Muni Challenge #2

Does anyone want to set for me. I have been sick for the past week and I am not sure when I will get out. I don’t want to hold things up. If not I hope to get something filmed on Monday.

Thanks

I can wait until you can ride, or if somebody else wants to set sooner that’s fine with me too. If nobody else comes forward, I can set.

Too Late To Join?

Just wondering if i am too late to join this, i will take a letter or I could do the first trick, depending on what people think would be the most fair?

Never Mind

Just realized it was farther in than i thought. Im in for next time though!

I’ll go ahead and set now, since I’m next after Gear.

O U _ muni123
O _ _ PeterH
_ _ _ Gear
O _ _ knoxuni
_ _ _ anton005
_ _ _ unibabyguy (set)

Muni Challenge #3: Ride or Hop over a trail obstacle

For this challenge, you can setup the cranks in the right position, since that’s what I did to ride over it.

biathlon18,
I am not really sure of the rules, but I’m fine with you joining now and taking two letters.

First of all, Thanks for setting. This is going to be a challenge for me. Could you elaborate on the height of that downed tree. As well as your wheel size. I went out searching for a downed tree today and the only one I could find was 16" in diameter. :astonished:

Thanks

I’d estimate the diameter of the log to be between 3 to 5", or a little wider than the width of my hand. I’m riding a 24x3 Muni with a Gazz tire.

It doesn’t have to be a log, just an obstacle (natural or man-made) that’s similar.

:slight_smile: Thanks for the update. For some reason I thought that tree was a lot bigger then you are describing it. I’ll find something.