Are there any videos of just riding around?

Not vids of tricks or anything, I just want some videos of unicyclists riding around on streets. . . stopping, idling, turning, etc. I guess I mostly want ssomething to shoot for as far as balance goes; should I just take the arm waving as a fact of unicycling, or try to gain enough balance to hold on to the handle when riding? Is it hard to get to that point?

Did you just start riding?

I just recently got good enough to go over 150 feet. I’ve been riding for five days or so. I can mount against an obstacle 100%, and havent tried freemounting yet. I’m wobbly and wavy. so, yes, I just started :smiley: I went about 500 feet today without a UPD

If you can wait until tomorrow, I can make a video of some basics like riding around,turning,idling and things like that.

that would be great. any others from other people would be awesome, I really appreciate it!
A plus for you is: in a year, you can make another video and compare the two to measure your progress :smiley:

I ride fine, I may not know bunches of tricks but I can ride just fine.Basic tricks for me.

Accept the wavy-arms thing for now. After you unicycle for a while (several weeks/months or so) that goes away. I can ride with my hands in my pockets. :sunglasses:

Video

Is this what you had in mind?

exactly that. but as many more as possible. . . I learn best when i see lots of people doing similar things :smiley: thanks for the link!

Level 10.5 for the win! :wink:

haha… riding with your hands in your pockets isn’t that hard if you just don’t think about it while doing it… and I learned that after like 3 months of riding … i didn’t ride that much either

That’s one more of us and one less of them.

Welcome to the fora.

Here’s some video of people just riding arhttp://www.100acre.org/juggle/unihoki_060715/ckey.

Don’t get too frustrated. Accept the waving arms thing. It’ll go away. I’ve never been very athletic and am quite ‘balance challenged’ and it took me 8 months (yes months) before I could ride 150 yards without a UPD. And months more before the wavey arms thing went away.

Theres something about that video that just makes me laugh.

…that’s not exactly what he meant…inside joke from a thread awhile ago…PM me if you really wanna know.

Here is a hint…level 10.5 is half way to level 11:wink:

Streets? shame, then this clip of just riding wont help you.