Any Geocachers?

I was wondering if any other unicyclers geocached? (In case you don’t know what it is, go to www.geocaching.com) It’s been a hobby of mine since before unicycling and I thought it and MUniing go pretty well together.

ya I just started actually

I’ve been geocaching for about a year now. Lots of fun. Once I get proficient enough at riding I think it would be a blast to combine geocaching and muni.

I’ve seen people doing this on Lake Ontario and I’ve been wondering what it is? Do you just post the GPS points of an object and then other people find it?

www.geocaching.com explains it all pretty well.

Should be an event on NAUCC, UNICON and especially BUC!

P.s. I did not change my user cp (location) for this post.

I want to get a GPS device what kind do you have or suggest?

Check out this past thread on GPS units: GPS for unicycling?

The Garmin eTrex Legend is a good choice for a mapping GPS that you can take along while unicycling, bicycling, or hiking. But non-mapping GPS units are less expensive. You just have to figure out what features are important to you and what features you need.

I’ve done a couple, it’s a lot of fun. But one of them in my area is gone, I think… I spent about an hour searching, and it’s just not there. Darned Geocache.

Yes! Here is my member name - Duke & Alex - what’a team

It is a great activity for my son and myself. I just placed the second cache in kosovo.

18 found/1 hidden

We’ve done several. Its been a while, but I think I’m Memphis Mud over there too.

There are tons around our area. Out on the trails, in town, downtown.

Keep looking James Potter. People have gotten very good at hiding them. One of my favorites is a MicroCache that is only 1/2 inch x 2 inch x 2 inch pill box hidden in a crack of the floor of the gazebo where the band plays on the 4th of July. Right under their noses.

The have a term they use that I think we could easily adopt. They stole it.

“Muggles” are non-geochachers. (Or non-unicyclers?). We unicyclers mingle freely amongst the general population and they don’t have a clue. (unless you’re ON your uni at the time, thats a pretty good clue)

If you don’t know what a Muggle is, call me when you get back from the Moon.:wink:

Heh, muggles.