Any Coloradans out there?

I’m going to be out of town a bunch in April and May, including that weekend. I would like to get together for rides. I rode Centennial Cone the other day on my new 29er. 22 miles of fast, smooth singletrack starting from the Clear Creek Canyon side. Highly recommended, but they alternate bike/hike on the weekends so check the date.
http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/openspace/openspace_T56_R95.htm

I’m guessing the weather this weekend is going to exclude any epic riding. But supposing Sunday turns out to be nice, where would you propose to meet? I have a rather extreme restriction: I don’t drive (yeah, yeah, I know; but it’s by choice). It hardly ever gets in the way, except now: we Coloradan unicyclists seems to be spread out a bit. In the summer, I’d definitely be up for meeting in Golden, Boulder, or Lyons for some muni, as I have a bike trailer for hauling things like muni’s. But Cokering might be an issue unless I catch a carpool or we meet somewhere that RTD goes. (The thought of Cokering down to Golden sends shivers down my spine.)

Looks too stormy this weekend. Lets plan another time.
Finally some snow!
I hope to ski tomorrow.

We’ve picked a data

The Colorado Springs MUniacs have picked a time and place for our second annual MUnifest: May 30th in Cheyenne Mountain State Park. Other than time and place we haven’t organized anything else yet for this informal gathering, though guessing from last year’s format it’ll probably include a pot luck lunch.

The park is on the side of Cheyenne Mountain (so if we get nuked during the 'fest, we won’t feel a thing :)); by organizing cars we can setup a “ski lift” for pansies like me to get to the top of the park for a great ride down.

Here’s a trail map of the park.

More details as they become available.

Roak

colorado munifest

Cool! I’ll try to make it with my entire family. We might be at Sand Dunes National Park that weekend, though. My husband and 7 year old are just beginners so we’d probably walk most of the trail. Fun anyway.

I want to try and set up some rides in Buffalo Creek rec. area in the summer and fall too.

May 30th…I should be able to make it!
Yeah Colo Spgs!!

Also coming up - a cruiser ride in Golden,Tuesday April 28th.
Meet at Woody’s Pizza 5:30 to 7pm.
Ride starts at 7 and it is a short cruise around Golden ending back up at Woody’s. It’s not a suffer fest, just 4 miles or so…emphasis is just on having fun cruising on bikes.

Great 36er ride! Usually there is around 60 people on single-speed cruisers, It’s easy to keep up with them. They love the unicycles, it would be nice to have some other ones along!!

They do this on the last Tuesday of each month through October. Put it on your calander. The Halloween ride last year had 150 folks and was a huge rolling party.

I usually ride Maxwell in Fort Collins. I would love to get more peolpe that ride around here. I need to wait for this snow to go away and get back in a better riding shape…
Jorge

This is some mail that went out about the Colorado Springs MUnifest. If you’re coming, please RSVP to me via email – my email address is at the bottom of this post, you just have to parse it.

I should add that this is a state park, so there’s a $6 entrance fee.

Here’s the park’s home page:

http://parks.state.co.us/Parks/CheyenneMountain/

Here’s a map of the park:

http://parks.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/72DA3245-C0C3-4D98-A6F3-0528AD65E802/0/CMSPTrailMap.pdf

And here’s directions TO the park:

http://parks.state.co.us/Parks/CheyenneMountain/Maps+and+Directions/

Again, if you’re planning to come, please RSVP me!

roak

Bump for tomorrow.
E-Mail sent.
I hope to make it, it’s a long drive.

Where is the Turkey Roost picnic area, I don’t see it on the maps…?

:slight_smile:

I’ll be doing a bicycle tour June 27th - July 12th out in Colorado. I am not sure where exactly, but I get into Denver on the 27th of June and fly out on the night of the 12th.

Any recommendations on some awesome places? What is the temperature range I will be looking at during that time?

//Yes yes, I know, it is a bicycle instead of a unicycle.

Tomorrow! In Denver! Weekly meeting of The Wizard’s Chest Juggling and Unicycling Club. We meet every Saturday from 12 until 2 and sometimes later. We have 6 unicycles for community use, and riders of all skill levels. We started primarily as a juggling club, but are very unicycle-heavy right now. Average attendance is around 20 people.

All are welcome!

Matt Long.

I emailed you my cell number. After paying your entry fee stay to the right, start up the hill and it’s the picnic area on your left. The map shows it as two small rectangles on either side of the road labeled “Picnic area” – it’s the Southern of the two (left heading up the hill). We can’t make reservations so who knows where we’ll end up but we’re shooting for picnic areas in the 33-36 range.

Roak

Colorado in June? Bring a bathing suit and a down jacket. You think I’m kidding, don’t you?

Denver nights in the 50s, days in the 80s as a guess. YMMV.

Roak

I am in the denver area, I am at denver skatepark all the time on my uni.

Buy the book “Road Biking Colorado: The Statewide Guide” by Michael Seeberg (see http://www.roadbikingcolorado.com).

When I tour in the Rockies in the summer, I bring everything from shorts to a wool sweater and winter gloves. When I tour on the plains, I bring the same. I’ve used every piece of clothing on almost every trip.

Woodward is awesome! We oughta get together for a ride sometime.

Unicycle club was a huge success today! Close to 20 people, 5 pizzas, 1 watermelon, 7.5 gallons of water, all over an 8 hour span! Would love to see some of you folks out there next week!

12pm-2pm (and sometimes later) at Fillmore Plaza (on Fillmore st. between 1st and 2nd) every Saturday. Completely free!

I am “Hopeful” to make that in a week or two.!!

Props to Roakey and everyone who made the Muniac-fest such a great time!
Trip report with pictures here:

Just a reminder that unicycle club is meeting tomorrow from 12-2 at Fillmore Plaza (2nd and Fillmore in Denver) even though there’s a “big benefit concert” going on at the same time.

Hey CO munis!

I posted this in another thread (and then used the Search), :roll_eyes: so I figured I should move my query over here.

I’m going to be in Denver and/or Fort Collins on the Friday, July 31st and Saturday the 1st (7/31/09 - 8/01/09). Anyone interested in leading a muni ride to show off the trails I’ve heard so much about in CO? I’ve never been to CO, but I’ve seen video of some beautiful single track and was hoping someone on the forum would be interested in going for a ride.

Feel free to respond here of PM me.