Another New Uni Thread...

Well, not boring to me!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have actually had my new uni for a couple of weeks now, but couldn’t post for fear Jeff would read it and guess that his wife had ordered another one for his birthday. So now we have matching Bedford 3" Munis:

Miyata seat and post same
> > 3" Bedford Frame (chrome) same
> > Heavy-duty QR same
> > Suzue hub same
> > Alex ALDX32 rim same
> > DT Champion spokes same
> > SKF sealed bearings same
> > Duro 3" Downhill tire same
> > downhill tube same
> > Monty cranks same
> > Rubber-ended indoor pedals Metal pedals
> > misc. hardware parts same
>

Sorry - premature e-post-ulation; took too long to edit. Should read:

Well, not boring to me!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have actually had my new uni for a couple of weeks now, but couldn’t post for fear Jeff would see it and guess that his wife had ordered another one for his birthday. So now we have matching Bedford 3" Munis:

> > (new style) Miyata seat and post
> > 3" Bedford Frame (chrome)
> > Heavy-duty QR
> > Suzue hub
> > Alex ALDX32 rim
> > DT Champion spokes
> > SKF sealed bearings
> > Duro 3" Downhill tire
> > downhill tube
> > Monty cranks (158)

Jeff’s has metal pedals (no replaceable pins, but not too bad). I got rubber ones 'cause I ordered those B27s from Performance a few weeks ago. I still have to retrieve them from LA, though, since I was too cheap to ship them to Canada. I can’t wait; the rubber ones are OK when they’re dry but when they get wet they’re pretty slippery.

I’ve already downloaded instructions for the air seat conversion and Yoopers’ handle fix - I’ll try to get some pics when I do the conversion.

So how does it ride? A lot better than we do, actually. We’re just learning, but we’re getting better. The big tire makes turning take a bit more conviction but it still comes around, and with about 20 psi it’s smoooooth!! I’ve done a few lunch-time sidewalk rides while hiding the unis from Jeff at work, and had it out for its’ first muddy ride at lunch today, on a gravel road with iced-over puddles and muddy potholes. What a blast!

I was a bit worried about the length of the Montes - they’re shortish for a full-on MUni - but Darren said they’d be fine and they are. They wobble a bit at speed (it’s the cranks, honest :wink: ) but they still climb pretty well.

The learning curve is still stretching out a long way ahead, but it’s a blast!

Tim