Announcing Moocow Unicycles, a new Unicycle Company

tires! :smiley:

If I were a bettin man I’d say seatbases. :smiley:

Is there a story behind the name “moocow”?

David MOSCOE?

It really bothers me when I buy a part or unicycle, and then a few years later, I can no longer find those parts anymore. It’s like planned obsolescence! I would be thrilled if your company started making some of these older parts:

• Quality 22m seat posts that fit the Miyata bolt pattern
  • Reeder handles – These never break, but they’re awesome
  • Roach air seats and covers – can’t get used to the firm seats
  • Gazzaloddi tires – best Muni tires ever made

It’s frustrating when my crummy 22mm seat post breaks and I have to update my unicycle frame or change seat bases to get a better seat post.

Gazzaloddi tires are missed by the uni community. If it’s for a 24, the whole size is pretty much being phased out. Hopefully there will still be good 24" muni tires around for a while as for tech muni a 24 is a lot of fun. If it’s for a 26, there’s still good tire selection and there are some newer ones that hold promise.

As far as seatposts for the Miyata pattern and Roach air seats and covers, unfortunately those are pretty much dead as far as demand goes. Maybe you could get a custom clamp from Moocow made. It would be more expensive, but they may be willing to do it if the price is right.

I have no experience with Reeder handles as they were pretty much phased out by the time I started unicycling. I heard good things, but other handle solutions seem to have sprung up.

I look forward to the innovative solutions Moocow Unicycles will bring to market. I try to stay away from predicting what will come next, but I’d venture to guess that the items will be small runs that don’t look to bring back the past.

It is indeed sad to see some of our favorite things fade away. The hope I hold is that newer solutions will be even better.

Just took a look at the FB page, says carbon seat bases are coming soon.

The origin of this discussion forum was first hosted as a mailing list on a server called moocow back in 1993, so that must be where this company’s name came from. :wink:

CF sounds real nice given that gemcrest bases seem to have disappeared now.

+1

Just found this, sheds a little light on the company https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJ3u93IKkg