alternative unicycling team sports

the one time I tried fencing I really stank and it was quite frustrating. An incredible workout though. As for lacross and polo, I’m not really that familiar with them, although polo seems a lot like basketball, and may work great on kokers. However, ultimate unicycle frizbee sounds like a winner. the two common team sports played on unicycle (hokey and basketball) both require a hard surface to play on. Unicycle ultimate frizbee wouldn’t. It could also be played on rough terain with trials or muni’s! How about a combination of ultimate and polo?

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to get some regular USA UniHoki games going…

if you somewhat understand french have a look at this movie it is funny!
explanation: this is an extract from a main tv sports event and they wrote
a paper on “hybrid sports” (such as polo-cycling) so the film is a quizz “does this hybrid sport do exist?”
there you would find “uni-fencing”
(thanks Mark Z for initially posting this film)
(and thanks Glenn for the uni-fencing!)

Uni Lacross

I bought a lacross stick today thinking that it just might be fun. And it was!
I’m on my AX-29 with the seat up pretty high so I had to bend over considerably to reach the ball. At first I couldn’t scoop it up but only pushed it along in the grass. Finally I figured it out. Throwing it far IS a challenge.

The best part is that even though it would be more fun to play with someone, it is still fun working at it alone. What a workout!

I was about to start a thread but came upon this oldie but goodie. It deserves to be put back into circulation.

polo, lacrosse and Ultimate all sound very cool.

how about tug-of-war, roller derby, or capture the flag?

Tug-of-war sounds great. I’m up for it… um… after I learn how to ride backwards. :smiley:

Lacrosse pick up skills are coming along great. I throw the ball out in the field while riding, chase it, head it off if it goes in a curve, and then throw it in any direction I fancy. No rules … just what I want to do…

So finally my AX-29 has a name. All year I thought it was a she; who knew that it was a he and a tiger at that. I call him Hobbes as our game of lacrosse has no rules… just like Calvin Ball.

Hobbes and I love playing… what are the chances that someday we’ll run into a unicyclist and unicycle pair that we can play against? By our rules? :wink: