AI Unicycle drawing challenge

Now that would make a great tattoo!

2 Likes

A mate of mine (credit: Shimmie) came up with these using Dali via ChatGPT…

5 Likes

So I got this question

and responded as follows

I love both the skates and the penguin. Plus those skyscrapers in the background. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yesterday after work I took a photo of you, on your way home, riding into the sunset. :wink:

3 Likes

:laughing: That looks very much like I’ll fall through the ice but otherwise very nice!

Man riding a unicycle, backlit picture, from a distance, rising sun, silhouette, black shadow

Okay… What’s with the plunger? :thinking::plunger:

That poor brake rotor. So misshapen. The seat looks really uncomfortable as well.

Ok, I took this image today on my ride in

When I post images like this on Mastodon I usually add alt text for accessiblity, so I added the following alt text

The picture shows a large wireframe globe with a bench for seating inside. It is lit with thousands of small LED lights and has snowflakes for decoration. At the top is a hook, so that the whole effect is like a gigantic Christmas bauble.

There is a small entrance at the front to allow people to access the inner bench. Leaning against this entrance is a red unicycle. On the ground in front of the unicycle is a pink paper bag with with a wavy blue motif.

To check that my alt text was “good enough” I feed it as a prompt to AI. The first set of 4 images it generated were very close but it always gave a bicycle. On my second try I got this

Ok, that is a pretty funky, handlebar only uni but I will let it slide. This was still pretty impressive.

Also, I decided my alt text was good enough.

P.S. To be clear I am not giving the AI the image as a reference. This is created purely from my description above.

4 Likes

Which AI engine did you use?

I was using Bing Chat which uses Dall-E on the backend. See this thread on Mastodon for the other images (oh and a little side unicycle story)

1 Like

I just spent a couple of hours feeding unicycle prompts to DALL-E-3 via Bing image creator.

Some weird results - identical twins, floating suitcases, 2-wheeled “unicycles”, missing seats, invisible cranks, lots of clowns, warped frames etc. It seems almost impossible to get a simple image of a unicyclist with both feet on realistic pedals.

Anyway, here is a selection of images…

By the way, while doing this some rather harmless prompts were flagged as “improper” with cancellation of account if it persists, for example “two unicyclists riding and chatting” and even “learning to ride a unicycle” were flagged (though at least there was an option to “flag the flagging” as wrong via a feedback button).

Anyway here is a simple challenge - generate an image of someone (human, two legs) riding a normal unicycle with the correct number of pedals and the correct foot placement etc.!

3 Likes