72-Hole Hub

It’s just black Imron. I thought it would be a good idea to wipe the finger prints off with my wool hat, but I only covered it in dust.

Big ass trueing stand!

beautiful

SO excited to see it when it’s complete. :smiley:

Finally finished!

53" front wheel, 20" rear wheel.
85* headtube, 36" wheelbase.
27 lbs.

More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28879558@N04/sets/72157627697516627/

I’ll get some pics of me ridding it tomorrow when my wife is home.

-Joel

That’s amazing! That penny farthing looks fantastic! You did an excellent job. It must be really fun to ride :slight_smile:

Wow Joel, that’s awesome! Really lovely design and finish on the penny. Looking forward to seeing some photos of it being ridden, or perhaps even a video???

When will you be taking orders? :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Dmac

That is an amazing bike. I love the small details, and the fillet brazing is beautiful. Do you have any photo’s of the seam where the tire comes together? I’m just curious about how it is done. We had an old penny/farthing bike in the bike shop I worked at, and I seem to remember a huge staple sort of thing holding it together through the sides.

There’s a wire through the center of the rubber that’s tied together at the seam and then tucked back into the tire. This part was done by Paul Rust.

Thanks, Joel

Holly Sh*t that is awesome.

Talk about tight clearances, not much wiggle room there.

How’s she ride?

I love it!!!

Such a piece of fine art you have made!

The tire clearance is a necessity to get the saddle as close as possible to the crank since the wheel size is maximized based on your inseam.

She rides great. Quietest bike I’ve ever ridden.

Thanks, Joel

Phantastic! I want to have one of these!
Seriously: are you taking orders? Including some special requests (e.g. ISIS cranks, custom wheel size, adaptable seat height for changing crank length, …)? How much would that be?
Dreaming: equipped with a Schlumpf hub …

ISTM there’s a good inch spare in how the saddle’s mounted to the frame though.

I never thought I would type the words, “Holy poop!” but, holy poop! I am indeed impressed by your stylish modern take on the penny farthing. Most excellent.:smiley:

I am almost moved to stoop to calling you, “Dude”!:wink:

Thanks, but I won’t be offering ordinaries at all. All requests should go to Paul Rust at rmhwonline.com He supplied the rim, spokes, and tire.

I hope to get a cooler saddle with big springs.

Thats awesome! well done!

Video

Now with video: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28879558@N04/6371810677/in/photostream

-Joel

Ah - clearly you’ve thought of everything :slight_smile: