55+ Ride-Your-Age

suggestion: add a Map (and a zoom approach) to show where Mt Laurel lies!
we will come!

I certainly recognised the Matterhorn. Must get back there someday.

sticky ride

“I wish to belong to the fellowship of the wheel and become a peddle pusher, an old crank, without a training wheel.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oPiNuNwYjE

One more!!!

I met Jozef while he was strolling along a boulevard in Zürich (Switzerland).
what a grand sight! a gentleman riding his Nimbus 36 handsomely without fear of car and trams!
Jozef being 62 is to be coopted into the gang of old geezers on one wheel.
I will encourage him to connect to this forum to show us pictures of his saddle: being a long/medium distance rider he modified his saddle in an interesting way.
Hope to read you soon Jozef!

Latest Ride Your Age group photo

Here is a preliminary update to the group photo. Two people are missing at present but I hope to get them included soon. There are gaps in the layout to allow extra dudes to be added and this image still needs shadows adding etc. Any comments let me know.

Yet another update

More dudes keep joining the 55+ group photo. Heres the latest rough edition still needing shadows etc. If you want to be added to the photo PM me and we can sort it out :slight_smile:

Hello Geoff, Thank you for adding me into the picture, it is looking great!

Looking good.

Perhaps we should all email you a quick one line on who we are. Not too m uch, we have blogs and profiles for that. And then add it to each successive image. Or at least periodically.

Maybe something like “Colin Christensen, Western Australia. b1952. Unicycle commuter.”

Or maybe just who is who. Rear row L-R fred bloggs (USA), Jenny Smurf (Canada),…

What do you think?

Yup its a good idea and a natural progression. When there are several people I feel it raises curiosity and its nice to know who-is-who. I discussed it with Bob ‘Olduniman’ Ferguson and have been considering ways of adding info to the photo but any suggestions would be appreciated.

I like your idea Colin because its concise but informative. Nothing much more than that is needed? I wonder what other people think.

Nice! Maybe I’ll join you in two years and a couple of months’ time :wink: - I was out on my almost new 24" muni for two hours today.

Best regards,
Sanne

[QUOTE=monocyclism;

I like your idea Colin because its concise but informative. Nothing much more than that is needed? I wonder what other people think.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It would be great to know names and locations of all these/us geezers. Thanks again Geoff for all you do! Dave

Maybe something like the attached photo would work. I seperate photo of blank silouettes could highlight individuals with a letter to identify each. The letters could then be listed with a description below the photo. The advantage of this means the letter moves with each person - and as more dudes join it is a flexible way of continually rearranging the position of people without loosing their reference letter.

The alternative is to write a description on each person as in the other image. This could get messy if text fills the photo?

Comments, opinions, alternative ideas?

This is gonna get big with time. I’m for something simple that is therefore more likley to be updated regularly.

Option A is fine.

(Do we have most continents covered yet? It’s be especially awesome if we get someone in the antarctic with a cycle.)

Save a spot for me Geoff! Only 4 months to join your club! :o

Its everyones club terry - not mine. …and there’s an honorary spot waiting for you :slight_smile:

To paraphrase Chief Brody, you’re gonna need a bigger background.

I agree, “option A” of just having a separate B&W silhouette photo labeled with numbers or letters will make it the most readable and perhaps less work for Geoff.

Thanks again Geoff for your work on this. Even though I’m not unicycling as much as I’d hoped, my 60th birthday will arrive shortly and I’m glad I can be part of the 55+ group.

Bruce,
New Hampshire, USA
(the white silhouette between B & A :slight_smile: )

Bump.

So far only two have opined on the choices.

Please consider Geoff’s (Monocyclism) post of 24th and tell him what you think.

So far it is two to nil for the lettering option that is less onerous on Geoff.

I go for the letter solution. Much easier and probably more legible.

Thanks for the feedback on ‘naming-convention’ for the group photo! I guess its clear the letter option is best and I will proceed with that.

Incidently, the master photo I work with is quite large and would easly make an A3 photographic print. At some point I will put a copy online with a link to download it - for everyone to put up on the wall of their unicycle den ;):smiley: