55+ Ride-Your-Age

So, here’s a start. Hows about sending an image of yourself to be composited into a photo for the 55+ Ride-Your-Age 2009 group photo? If you send a decent image I will try to merge it into a group shot. Why not use modern technology to achieve something we probably wouldnt be able to do any other way (since we are all not likely to meet in one place simultaneously)

Not sure if PM enables images to be attached to messages. Otherwise I could supply an email address to send images to. Ideas, suggestions anyone?

Thanks Bob - I found the ride quite an adventure as my first outing on main ‘A’ roads. However, even the main roads become relatively smaller when bigger and bigger vehicles drive on them. I did sense potential traffic danger several times that required me particularly to focus on balancing the N36. Now I’m curious about what other british riders experience as there are loads of dudes riding much further on British roads.

Yeah I have had Netherlands in mind, and should contact Klass. Also like this vehicle made in Netherlands that looks quite civilised:

http://translate.google.com/translate?client=tmpg&hl=nl&u=http://sunrider-cycles.com/&langpair=nl|en

Wow, well done Geoff.

I’m with you on wondering how other riders cope with the traffic. I wouldn’t even ride my two wheely thing on busy roads.

Hey Cath! Nice to catch up with you - and thanks! Been thinking about your part of the world recently. Remembered what you said about North Wales having some really nice riding days in the winter. Looking forward to getting up your area for one or two of those nice winter days. Will drop you a line when the opportunity arises.

That road is scary,your mind must have been 90% survival 10% unicycling.I give those roads at least a 1.36 hardness rating,so 1.36 x 45 miles =61.2 miles
You did it…congratulations:)

john

The virtual world of 55+

Ok two’s company three’s a crowd but we could do with more 55+ dudes sending a photo of themselves standing with a unicycle. This curent photo is a composite of two pictures - one taken in USA and one in UK. That includes Bob ‘olduniman’ in the foreground and me in the background.

So come on folks send me your images - let’s use the power of technology to get a good group shot entitled, ‘55+ Unicyclists Group 1020’ :slight_smile:

Great photo work. The handsome guy beside to my left is Reinhart (forum name) and we are in Eastern Ontario, Canada!

Thanks for doing this, nice idea.

Never to old for Baptism - JUST do it. :sunglasses:

[/attach][/attach]

gedwash1.jpeg

and here is another old geezer with his big wheel :

Make yourself famous for a few minutes

Hey 55+ dudes and dudettes :roll_eyes: Here is the latest version of the 55+ Group Shot 2010!. So far included in the photo we have GB, USA and France - we are doing well.
Anyone out there in the World who would like their image added to the group shot? Let me know and we could organise it.

MERGE1.jpg

Oohps! I think I should have said GB, Canada and France in my last post :o

Cutting out spokes with photoshop is a pain in the butt, ain’t it?

Dude, that’s cool of you to notice - but its not the most awkward thing with this task. The most awkward thing is adjusting the perspective of each image so each person looks as if they are naturally standing in perspective with everyone else. Everyone is, of course, photographing themselves relative to therir own circumstances. Creating the correct perspective when merged into a group shot is interesting. I think I need more images to create an overlapping crowd that will compensate for distorsion as it fills in.

really impressed by the perspective correction!

55+ Group Photo updated

Citizens - here is the latest incarnation of the 55+ Group Photo. Thanks to those members who have suppled their photos for inclusion and hope we can persuade other riders to submit their own photos. If you want to submit - PM me and I will send you my email address to post images.

ASAP I will upload a plan of who is who in the group together with their uni details.

As an occasional visitor only, I’ve just come accross this thread.

I don’t do tricks or muni or aything extreme. However, I do ride a lot, having last taken an alternative form of transport to work in early November 2008.

Target for last year - “make 2500km on my comuting uni.” I made it with two months to spare so I upped it to 3000km. Finished on 3128.8km.

Target for this year - “make 4000kmm on my commuting uni.” So far I am doing OK after a slow Xmas.

Secondary target - work a little on absic skills like stalling, jump turns and steering backwards in order to give the Bike Polo crowd over here a run for their money. (Try it if you haven’t - a competent unicyclist has some advantages over bike riders.)

What a cool idea! Hope it’s still going in about 6 years when I’m eligible!

the auld bear loves nordic muni :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zBOoMNw94M

thanks Francis for shooting with phone (location is bois de Clamart on the outskirts of Paris)

Wobbly Bear ain’t so wobbly. :sunglasses:

…and he has his picture on the 55+ group photo :slight_smile:

How about you Ken? Would you like to send me a photo of you standing next to your uni for inclusion in the group shot?