500 hours of unicycling

:astonished: that’s a lot of hours. makes me feel like i’m not riding enough. i normally go for a ride or 2 for a couple hours on weekends, and maybe 1 -2 hours during the week. :o

I ride everyday, as much as I can though. I try to not skip a day of riding, the most days I skipped this year (before my surgery) was 2 I think… :stuck_out_tongue: And I like loooooooooooong rides :smiley:

i’ve failed miserably at 500 hours this year. i probably have 200 in at most.

sooo…I must do 3.3 hours a day for the rest of the year.

no wonder your up to 100cm+ side hops. i remember when you were posting like 65-70cm hops, then all of a sudden now your up too 100 :smiley:

Is anyone still counting? :roll_eyes: I got back from my last ride of the year about half an hour ago, I end this year with 410 hours and 15 minutes of unicycling! I think I would’ve made it to 500 hours if I didn’t had my surgery. I’m doing this challenge again next year. I should be able to get 500 easily with my pre-unicon trip, unicon and my after-unicon trip :stuck_out_tongue:

410:15 on 500 hours is 82% done.

Hey Jaco, if you can manage to find 90 hours of time in the next hour, you could hit that 500 (At least in my timezone) =P

Cool, thanks for keeping us up to date.
Great to hear you did pretty well, and you have a valid excuse. So overall great news!
How were things in matter of quality in stead of quantity?

Road, Trials, Street, Muni, everything else possible, I always enjoy the riding I do. Every moment spent on my unicycles is top quality, the more I ride, the better I feel. :slight_smile:

Anyone doing the challenge this year? Should I start a new thread so we can post our progress for 2012?

Happy New Year everyone!

Just saw this thread. I’ve been keeping track of my time and miles with the cardio app on my phone, there isn’t a unicycle feature so I put it on mountain biking. In three months time 103 hours and 470 miles total. My time though is for everything I’m doing on the unicycle, which is going to the store, walking the dogs, riding on dirt roads, etc. For next year I would have to bump the time up a little to get to 500 hrs. Does anybody know of a free phone app that is specific to unicycling?

I keep a track of distances rather than hours. But I can do a good estimate from the average speeds and the 2011 distance taken off my trip meter. Which would give me around 482hrs. It’s down on previous years but I did have nearly 4 months off to recover from a couple of bouts of surgery, and riding was a little compromised by having to all except two weeks in a sling. I have started my 2012 riding in the heat and humidity of Mauritius but it is still great to be out and about.

Happy new year to all and I hope you all meet whatever targets you have set.

I stopped counting in February and went through a bit of a lull at the end of the year so I probably end up with about 350-400 hours although I’ve been playing a lot of basketball. I started off this year with a long big wheel road/muni ride (Rob’s Ride, although I didn’t quite finish and did quite miserably with my 114mm cranks) so I’m going to do the challenge and am giving it another shot with mapmyride.com. Feel free to start another thread. I may try to post my monthly totals as a way to check in and keep myself honest. I’m also counting ultimate wheel!

I keep a riding log in the back of my running log book…

I ended up with 102 hours 40 minutes for the year. A bit short of Jaco’s but then I was never aiming for 500 hours, just a modest 144…

I got a 29 in April and have only done 23 hours 25 minutes on that. (included in the 102)

So this year’s goal is to make it to 144 hours, should be a bit easier as I also want to ride a Half Marathon if I can find one so will be doing a few more longer rides (2 hours plus). There is an annual 100km race in Seoul but I think I will give that one a miss.

Cheers

James

I’m off to a good start for the first week of the year, 13 hours!

I’m at 11:30 now! And I’m going back for a long ride again today! :smiley: I still think I’m not riding enough though…

Another 10+ week, 11:20, for a 2 week total of 24:20!

Awesome! Especially for this time of year.

A post a week is a good thing… I’ll make a list of my riding here, how much riding I do every week… Actually, just the total aftet every week.

Week 1: 11h30
Week 2: 25h00

Unicon weeks are gonne be crazy :stuck_out_tongue: like 50 hours a week! :roll_eyes:

Im at 26 hours this year :smiley:

Just got back from a LONG and INTENSE ride today… I’m up to 41:30 now, I think I’ll try for 50 hours a month, I would end at 600. Also, being at 41 hours now in January makes me think it will be really easy for the other months.

Week 2: 13h30
Week 3: 16h30
Total__: 41h30.

My friend went back to her place in Montreal though, my rides will get lonely like last year, but hopefully I’ll be able to reach 50 hours a month.

Great job!

Awesome! Keep it up! It was cold then rainy and I’m fighting some saddle soreness but I had a pretty good week.

Week 1: 13h00
Week 2: 11h20
Week 3: 11h30
Total__: 35h50.

I’m aiming for at least 60 hours this month. And we have really awful weather right now, I should be able to get up to 500 hours easily this year!

Week 2: 13h30
Week 3: 16h30
Week 4: 15h15

Total__: 56h45.

Do I ride too much? Yes, I think so!
Should I stop a little bit? No. NEVER! :sunglasses: