4th Annual Belle Isle Muni Weekend, Richmond VA

Yeah Frank, that would be cool with my dad to ride around campus. As long as its not likely that we’ll get in any real trouble he should be fine. Also, if everyone’s avaliable, would it possible to do that ride on Friday a little bit earlier. Its about a 1hr 15min drive to richmond and my dad want to stay all day to get that most out of the ride. If your avaliable as early as like noon that would great but if not then we could just ride around on our own until we can all meet.

Hey

hey everybody please somebody give me an “official date for this” my name is max and im kinda new at the street and trials stuff and i would love to hook up with ya’ll on friday…frank met me at the folk festival a couple of weeks ago and i’ve been wanting to hook up with some unicyclist in VA fforever…please give me some more info…meeting place, time, date, etc.
thanks sooo much
Max

Frank - Fri/Sat
Maximus - Fri/Sat
smcmorrow - Fri/Sat
Blunt - Depending on traffic, Friday evening /Saturday
PDC - Sat
John Glazer - Fri/Sat
Alco - ?/Sat
Nick Mullen - Fri/Sat

Is anyone up for a DC ride on Wend or Friday of next week… I don’t know the dates off hand and am too drunk/lazy to look them up but if anyone is up for a street session I am…

Where in VA are you from?

It’s going well, I have been trying to do at least 20 miles every other day. I am going to go on some longer rides this week though. Yeah let me know when you get a coker, Ill be up for a ride.

I might be…I will be unicycling to DC from my house a couple times, so maybe I can meet up with you.

Where in VA are you from?

2pm is the soonest I can meet up on Friday. Still, if you get lost in Richmond or want a suggestion for lunch or anything, feel free to call me (804-651-6844) before then. What hotel are you staying at?

So, lets call this a tentative schedule for Friday:
2pm - meet up (maybe at the hotel, or my place?) and go ride at Kanawa Plaza (I’ll figure out the parking situation down there today).
Dusk - Get some dinner, rest
7pm - regroup at VCU commons (there should be plenty of parking Friday evening, if not I can arrange some), ride around a while.
If there’s an interest, we could head to my place and watch a uni DVD or two.

Unirox - when do you think you could come out Friday?

Anyone is welcome to meet up at any point in the schedule, just call me to arrange things.

Shoot. My dad didnt want to pay for a hotel so we’re just driving down both .days

im from the east end of virgina out in henrico county…i can come out on saturday at noon or so…where should everybody meet?

Frank - Fri/Sat
Maximus - Fri/Sat
smcmorrow - Fri/Sat
Blunt - Depending on traffic, Friday evening /Saturday
PDC - Sat
John Glazer - Fri/Sat
Alco - ?/Sat
Nick Mullen - Fri/Sat
Max McWhirter(unirox13) - Fri/Sat

Doesnt look like ill be able to make it. Theres till a chance though.

Maximus, if I’m here, youre welcome to crash at my place, he have a spare bedroom.

Thanks for the offer, but my dad will have to drive me down, and my uncle and cousin are also coming. Thats 4 people. Yeah, the drive is only like an hour so dont worry about it. Thanks for the offer anyway!

Well the Saturday ride is starting at approx. 10 am. We’ll be in the parking lot for lunch sometime inbetween 12-2 most likely depending on when everyone’s hungry. You could meet us all in the parking lot when we stop for lunch and join the ride.

hey

im from here in richmond, well actually east richmond in henrico county…i can meet on friday at about two also…im a senior in highschool and i have classes, but i can meet ya’ll…is Kanawa Plaza gonna be the meeting spot??

actually i just mispoke myself a few times…i can meet any time on either days, we’re off school on friday because of thanksgiving and saturday i can come out at 10…i’m pretty new when it comes to munii and im ok at street and trials, but i more exctied about meeting other people that ride and hopefully getting some pointers on how to do some new stuff…o and maybe trying out some new unicycles…am i gonna be able to keep up on saturday, the only uni i have is is a nimbus 20" trials??

Yeah, there will be a few people there with 20"ers. I don’t think we’re going to be doing any long XC muni rides, just bombing around Belle Isle proper and take turns on some of the short down hill sections.

Yeah, ill be on my trials. I dont have a Muni:(

How about we just meet up at Kanawa Plaza 2pm Friday?
Here’s directions from 95-S:

Take exit 76 B.
Take 1st left onto Leigh St.
Take right at 1st light onto Belvidere.
Go about 8 blocks and turn left on Cary St.
Go about 9 blocks and turn right on 5th St.
Go 2 blocks and turn left on Byrd St.
Go about 2 blocks and Kanawa Plaza is on the left.
For street parking, go around the block to Canal St.

Unirox - I know you’re coming from eastend, but you should be able to find it from these directions (it’s not far from where the Folk Festival was).

Yeah, that sound good to me. Its a plan.